U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2010, 04:57 PM

131 posts, read 755,140 times

Advertisements

This may be a long shot, but...I'm visiting my Mom in Scarsdale next month and she desperately needs new clothes. She's 78 and doesn't like to shop, and when she does shop she can't seem to find anything that fits, or anything she likes. She just needs some nice, basic pants and tops that fit well and are good quality; she's not a particularly hard shape to fit, but she is petite and she does have thin legs and a flat butt I would love to take her out shopping but I'm not sure where to go. I think we need someplace that maybe caters to an older clientele and offers a good bit of customer service. Does anyone have any suggestions for me, for places in the Scarsdale/White Plains area?
Thanks!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 06:03 PM

Location: San Fernando Valley, CA but desperately hoping to move back to New York
74 posts, read 327,842 times
My mom loves Dress Barn. Great quality, good prices. Lots of basics.

she is petite in stature but needs larger clothes. You can check their website for locations and to see if it would suit your moms taste. Dressbarn.com.

I tried from my phone but don't have flash so couldn't see the whole site. I dis glance at locations and I think there is one in white plains, on tarrytown rd? Forgive me if I'm incorrect.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:10 PM

131 posts, read 755,140 times
Thanks! Yes, last I checked there was a Dress Barn in Eastchester, on the Post Road (in the Food Emporium shopping center.) Will have to check that out!

Old 01-22-2010, 08:43 PM

Location: San Fernando Valley, CA but desperately hoping to move back to New York
74 posts, read 327,842 times
I Talked to my mom this evening and she told me that she likes the port Chester store. I went with her once about 3 years ago and recall that the staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. They even got her a chair to sit in while they picked out some outfits for her.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:54 PM

10,919 posts, read 28,683,902 times
Yes, the Dress Barn is in the same loaction in Eastchester, since I drove past it not long ago, but I think that eastcoastlover's mother's experience at Port Chester might make it worth the drive.

Lord & Taylor is in Vernon Hills, and there's also a Talbot's, but if memory serves, it's not a petite store. I think that the nearest petite store, other than Manhattan, is in Greenwich. That's the search that comes up on their website, and from what I recall from someone I know who shops in Vernon Hills and likes Talbot's, it's part of her CT shopping trips.

Coldwater Creek, Ann Taylor, and Ann Taylor Loft are all on the Post Road as well. And, I know they are not known for an older clientèle, but someone I know in her mid-70s (and petite) frequents them and doesn't look as though she's dressing in her granddaughter's closet.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 07-01-2011, 11:41 AM

1 posts, read 3,281 times
Chico's is also a great option if there is one in your city - discounts for signing up for a free member card and frequent sales, and classic and stylish for all sizes and shapes, hope this is helpful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County