Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2010, 12:31 PM

8 posts, read 12,080 times

Advertisements

Obviously, Fleetwood residents will be getting their new CVS in the next few weeks. The building looks great too, bringing much-needed life to the heart of the town. But does anyone have info about the other space in the new CVS building, next to the post office? This looks to be the promised additional space for another grocery store or small market. I heard today that this may be a small DeCicco market. Can anyone confirm or deny this rumor?

Also, it looks we're getting a restaurant in the space once occupied by the Athena Diner. Coming soon signs announce the Windmill Eatery, serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and cafe. Any additional info about this eatery would be greatly appreciated also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 02:45 PM

11,294 posts, read 18,872,835 times
I have heard rumors about DeCicco. I hope not, I know the DeCicco's in Ardsley and Pelham quite well and for the most part I think they are overpriced. I've also heard that CVS may itself expand into the space and be a special kind of CVS that has a more expanded grocery section. I believe they have a similar kind of store in Mt. Kisco, and my wife swears that a CVS on rt. 22 (not the one in Eastchester on the Tuckahoe line but a little further up) is like that too.

But I've also heard that in the space that used to be occupied by the Brazilian restaurant (Samba NaBrasa? I'm not sure I got that right?) there is going to be a Key Food, the first one north of the Bronx line (though one is right smack on the Yonkers border), I believe all of their other stores are within the 5 boros.

Old 01-27-2010, 03:05 PM

8 posts, read 12,080 times
DeCicco is definitely a more high-end market. To be honest, I'll take anything at this point! I moved to Fleetwood a few years ago because I didn't want a car and the town had all the amenities I needed. The loss of the A&P had a huge impact on me.

I heard the Key Food/Samba Na Brasa rumors as well. I even read that someone had construction permits for the space. But I haven't see any action in that building for quite some time.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:05 PM

While many in Fleetwood don't have a car and work in Manhattan and commute via Metro North and enjoy the amenities, the loss of A&P affected even more the significant elderly population in the neighborhood; to the point where a shuttle bus I believe now exists to take them to another supermarket (not sure if it's the Stop and Shop in Cross County or the Path Mark in the "rough" part of Mt. Vernon).

Old 02-01-2010, 01:48 PM

4 posts, read 14,927 times
The closing of the A&P in Fleetwood effected me too. I live in Pelham now and the A&P used to be 24 hours and I could run and get anything years ago hanging out on fleetwood ave with my friends. I still don't know why they closed an A&P and will open a CVS when Duane Reade is a block away. Also, Michelle_J you are right, living in Pelham I hate DeCicco's they are extremely overpriced and the customer service is non-existent.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonkers-socialworker View Post
The closing of the A&P in Fleetwood effected me too. I live in Pelham now and the A&P used to be 24 hours and I could run and get anything years ago hanging out on fleetwood ave with my friends. I still don't know why they closed an A&P and will open a CVS when Duane Reade is a block away. Also, Michelle_J you are right, living in Pelham I hate DeCicco's they are extremely overpriced and the customer service is non-existent.
Actually I was the one who said I hated DeCicco's in Pelham.

What makes it worse regarding CVS is they have one just past the train station on the Yonkers side (or course it never has an open parking space), that in addition to Duane Reade being their "neighbor".

By the way, A&P in Fleetwood stopped being 24 hours for a few years before they closed it down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County