U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2010, 04:19 PM

Location: San Fernando Valley, CA but desperately hoping to move back to New York
74 posts, read 329,099 times

Advertisements

My brother has several boxes of comics that he would like to sell. I don't know how many there are or if they are of any value.

I am looking to see if anyone knows of a store or collector that may be willing to take a look at them. I could google but would prefer to go somewhere on recommendation first.

Anywhere in westchester, NYC, even new jersey or connecticut- but not too far out in those states.

I would appreciate any information.Since I'm not sure you can post an answer to my question on the forum, you could always PM me.

Thank you!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 12:33 PM

7 posts, read 36,123 times
I'd look through them and try to figure out a general worth to begin with. If you bring in large boxes just full of stuff you may be offered just a low figure to take them off your hands.

Remember the guy is in it to make money so he is going to pay you less then they are worth hoping that you just want to get rid of them.

I would honestly recommend that you spend the time to rifle through them, buy a pricing guide, and ebay the ones that are worth money. You'll probably get a lot more then you would from a comic store owner and you can donate the rest (the ones not of any significant value) to charity or something for kids.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:38 PM

Location: San Fernando Valley, CA but desperately hoping to move back to New York
FSXv13 thanks for the reply and the advice. My brother has told me that he would not sell them without knowing the potential value. I will be visiting in a few weeks and told him we will go thru the boxes, sort by series and make sure that everything is in order before we do anything with them.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:35 PM

2,017 posts, read 4,019,988 times
when you do find the value of those comic books you can re sell them at comic book heaven. Its probably the best comic book store of in westchester. They're located in the old white plains mall (where the DMV is) on the bottom floor.

If the comics are in good condition your brother should look into getting them graded. Its very expensive to get the books graded but if they're in real near mint, to mint condition the value will be much higher.

there are a few other really good comic book stores in manhattan as well.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:35 PM

Wordlife, thank you for the advice as well.

And thanks for triggering my memory about comic book heaven. I have been there before but a long time ago. Didn't remember the name or what city it was in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County