Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2010, 04:34 PM

9 posts, read 24,123 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Planning on commuting from Tarrytown to Grand Central.

Would any of you know if I can expect to get a seat on the train and also what is parking like?

Finally is the area around the station safe?

Thanks,

P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 05:53 AM

374 posts, read 1,059,021 times
Depends on the time you take the train. If you take the express there is a good chance you may not get a seat. I used to take the local from tarrytown to the bronx and it was much less crowded.

Again, the safety of the station depends on the time. Are you going to be there at 2 am or at 8 am? During rush hour, it is safe since there is a ton of other commuter's around.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:58 AM

223 posts, read 828,517 times
I take the train from Scarborough(express train) two stops north of Tarrytoqn at around 8 am-there is always a seat when people get on at TT

Old 03-23-2010, 12:47 PM

103 posts, read 572,317 times
I don't have any experience with morning rush hour trains. I do however have lots of experience getting off the train late (11 pm-after 2 am) and I have never felt unsafe. FYI I am female and I walk up Franklin St. to get home.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:44 AM

Thanks for all the replies. So it seems to be safe and getting a seat should be workable.

Moving into the Tarrytown area for the first time so I would be intrested to hear from TT people reassurance that the area is good and I am not moving into a bad part of the world! :-)

Thanks again!

Old 03-26-2010, 07:45 AM

103 posts, read 572,317 times
Welcome to Tarrytown! I have never felt anything but safe anywhere in Tarrytown. There's lots of natural beauty here and a great, albeit small, downtown.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AurorainTarrytown View Post
Welcome to Tarrytown! I have never felt anything but safe anywhere in Tarrytown. There's lots of natural beauty here and a great, albeit small, downtown.
Thanks for the welcome

I have read some stuff about some areas being very hispanic or dominican in tarrytown. I want to live some place that is mixed up rather than just being predominently one race. Can you comment on that and let me know which areas people are talking about?

Really want to leave near the train station so I have seen a places on clinton street and cortlandt street. Also like the look of River Street but that is a bit pricy. Any comments on these areas?

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County