Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2010, 07:37 PM

124 posts, read 702,125 times

Advertisements

Does anybody share some experience in Mount Pleasant School District? It is not that high profile but I am interested if somebody from this school can share their kids experience. How are the teaching quality? What kinds of people living there? What kinds of professions do they have? What is the vibe of the town (if there is one)? What comes to your mind when talking about this school district? Many thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 03:05 PM

114 posts, read 571,742 times
My wife and I are in the process of buying a house in Mount Pleasant (Pleasantville PO). One of our friends went to school in this district, but that was a while ago (he's in his 30s). The listing agent for the house was telling us that she lives in the area and all of her kids went or are going to the schools. She said she loves it.

She said that there's one school for K-2, and then a separate middle, and then a high school, for three in all.

I'd love to know more myself! Granted we don't have kids, but as a newlywed couple buying our first home, we fully intend to. :-)

Old 03-09-2010, 03:13 PM

114 posts, read 571,742 times
A correction... The school district that we're in is Byram Hills. I just looked at MLS and saw that there's a separate Mount Pleasant school district.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:33 PM

371 posts, read 1,362,276 times
My husband and all his friends went to Pleasantville schools. It was a long time ago, but his parents still live there and we live nearby. From all I hear, the schools are good.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:36 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,575,667 times
There are a number of villages and school districts in the Town of Mt. Pleasant. They differ.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:47 AM

69 posts, read 254,910 times
The Mt. Pleasant School district is fine. Part of the Town of Mt. Pleasant goes to school at Byram Hills (Armonk) which is excellent.
Part of the Town of Mt. Pleasant is in the Valhalla School District which also includes North White Plains part of North Castle. That is fine. Pleasantville Village is also part of the Town of Mt. Pleasant and has its own school district, that is fine also.

All 4 of these school districts have websites. Check out the pictures.

Last edited by stibgo; 03-21-2010 at 09:14 AM.. Reason: Add info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County