U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 02:33 PM

223 posts, read 769,801 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a reputable mover?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 10:11 AM

86 posts, read 261,895 times
We used United Van Lines when we moved in December. They were on time and on budget, and all of our items arrived unharmed. We were happy with them. Good luck!

Old 04-14-2010, 11:37 AM

1,594 posts, read 3,219,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfenimore View Post
Deland Movers in the Bronx. I have used this company 4 times and wouldn't call any other company. A bit more expensive than bait and switch movers but really top rate. Have recommended them to friends who were equally impressed.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:40 PM

839 posts, read 2,255,378 times
All Star Moving and Storage. We used them for a move from NYC to NC. They were fabulous and came in at $600 under their quote. We paid for the full packing service and it was well worth it. About 8 guys showed up to our 2 bedroom apartment, the foreman directed them to specific rooms, and basically told my husband to get out of the way! We liked that they put our stuff on its own truck, left immediately following and started driving down. Met us in NC the next morning to unload. No waiting. They are definitely worth a call.

All Star Moving and Storage

Old 04-14-2010, 01:48 PM

375 posts, read 1,471,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfenimore View Post
Al's Moving. They are in White Plains. I used them 3 times before and I was happy with the way they took care of all the furniture. They wrap everything in moving blackets which is not always the case with other movers. I've seen other movers get lazy with wrapping everything and risk something getting scratched.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:40 PM

13 posts, read 100,047 times
We used The Padded Wagon in the Bronx. They were great. Very efficient, clean and easy to work with. We moved from Bronxville to Scarsdale and they also moved us out of our storage unit in Port Chester.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:21 PM

490 posts, read 1,702,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningMcQueen View Post
Al's Moving. They are in White Plains. I used them 3 times before and I was happy with the way they took care of all the furniture. They wrap everything in moving blackets which is not always the case with other movers. I've seen other movers get lazy with wrapping everything and risk something getting scratched.

I hated Al's moving (they also go by another name, Affordable Movers I think). The movers were horrible...they took breaks every 15 minutes and told me that my move was going to take all day. I was just moving across town from an small two bed to a one bed. I packed everything and even helped. I had only one sofa, plus two bedroom sets and boxes. When we got to the building I was moving in, my sofa would not fit in the elevator so they were going to leave me on the street with it. I had to pay them $60 extra to bring it up. Worst movers I've ever used! Did I mentioned one of them was hitting on me???

Old 05-30-2010, 07:57 PM

124 posts, read 661,239 times
mfenimore, I am curious to know if you have found a moving company and if you have moved, what's your experience like? I am looking to move during the summer and our last experience was horrible - double price for only moved half the house....and we found out that this kind of moving services are actually typical in this industry. We dread about moving now. We'd appreciate if people give some advice on good movers, price ranges, quality of moving, etc. We are moving locally between towns from northern to southern westchester with four bedrooms' equivalent amount of stuff. thank you very much!

Old 05-30-2010, 08:59 PM

3 posts, read 25,257 times
I also used All Star Moving for 3 of my previous moves and have found them to be extremely professional and reliable. Nothing has ever been broken and they packed all of my kitchen items for me. Their quotes were reasonable (can't remember specifics) and they came in at or under budget. Would definitely recommend them as well.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:51 AM

223 posts, read 769,801 times
We are moving the end of the month-I got three quote-including packing they ranged from 3500 to 6000 packing was about 1500-2500 of the cost. Padded Wagon-$$$, I got two other quotes -one was from a family friend of a friend-that was the cheapest-I liked the other guy too-he's also a friend of someone we know. I am going with the cheapest-he has moved my firend and others several times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County