Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2010, 10:07 AM

34 posts, read 143,740 times

Advertisements

We are planning to move to Waynesville in 2011. We've lived in Asheville before and loved it, but we like the idea of the higher elevation in Waynesville, and we love the downtown and the people seem very friendly. We lived in Florida mostly and can't take heat/humidity anymore...not even in the summer. We'd like to be at least over 3000 feet in elevation...3500 feet would be even better.

We don't know much about Waynesville besides that, and would love to rent for a year before buying. We'd love a little cabin in the mountains, but we are trying to stay below or around $700/month, if possible. My wife will be job hunting and we hate to spend lots on rent anyway.

Eventually we'd love to find a small 2/2 cabin in the mountains not too far from town...maybe spend $150k. But in the meantime, can anyone recommend either apartments or long term caabin rentaal places ?

Thanks very much !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 10:33 AM

4,781 posts, read 10,533,085 times
I live in Waynesville, but am not in the RE biz, and can't point you toward a listing;
listings/commerical links are not allowed, but I rec'd GOOG'ng Waynesville, NC Rentals,
Waynesville, NC Real Estate, etc. You will get pages to view, from both searches.

Do some looking on the RE sites, drop a dime and talk to the various RE joints.
There are lots of homes/cabins available, imo.

That ~$150K range, buying, won't get a lot, or much altitude, imo.

3,000 ft is barely higher than town...3,500 ft elev. min to get "cooler", imo.
I'm at 5,000 and it's 70 here today, maybe getting to 74 ish.
GL, mD

Old 07-15-2010, 11:39 AM

34 posts, read 143,740 times
Hey MotorDavid !
I thank you for writing...I am already learning things. I really did not know that 5000 feet was possible near Waynesville. I'd love to be up higher. Eventually we just want to find a small 2/2 cabin...maybe 1000 sq feet...whatever that costs. We used to love the drive from Asheville to Johnson City, so we could even try to get just over into the Tennessee border, to avoid state taxes, if we can find some elevation that has a nice little town somewhere close. But at least at first, we'll try to rent something in Waynesville for a year and go from there. I greatly appreciate the info and would welcome any further info you can provide. Thanks, Edge

Old 07-15-2010, 01:20 PM

4,781 posts, read 10,533,085 times
Edge, PM sent...
GL, mD

Old 07-16-2010, 08:55 PM

40 posts, read 239,814 times
Wanted to send this in a PM, but couldn't locate the function.

Maggie Mountain Vacations
Sunburst Realty
Select Homes

Just do google "waynesville rentals" or something of that sort. I'm in the Clyde area, which might as well be Waynesville as for what I'm concerned. There's some really nice properties in this area. I'm younger though, so can't really afford them right now, and with the economy also, it's not that feasible right now for me.

And also, for search on real estate. I've seen more than once, and I think it's on craigslist, about a house over towards Murphy I think, it looks good on the outside and appealing, but it looked to need updated inside, and I think that was around 150k or so. I just know it's nice looking because it's got my attention more than once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina