Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2011, 03:51 PM

61 posts, read 201,348 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I wanted to know if there are any places where I can rent an atv to ride in the mountains. I was looking for somewhere where I can rent and use it in their property all in the same location. I'm coming from the Raleigh area in Feb... I'm celebrating my anniversary and would like to have a nice time. Also, are there any good places where I can watch the sunset? Any recommendations for romantic spots? We love the nature, so any good waterfalls we can go to at this time of year? Any recommendations would be helpful at this time. Thank you all in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 07:32 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,549,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl grl 7 View Post
Hello everyone. I wanted to know if there are any places where I can rent an atv to ride in the mountains. I was looking for somewhere where I can rent and use it in their property all in the same location. I'm coming from the Raleigh area in Feb... I'm celebrating my anniversary and would like to have a nice time. Also, are there any good places where I can watch the sunset? Any recommendations for romantic spots? We love the nature, so any good waterfalls we can go to at this time of year? Any recommendations would be helpful at this time. Thank you all in advance.

I noticed that you haven't had a reply to your post. The combination of some place to ride an ATV and a romantic place to stay that would even allow such a thing is pretty much impossible.

So try to forget the ATV thing and concentrate on the many other great things there are to do here in WNC. There are so many lovely bed and breakfasts, inns, etc. you shouldn't have a difficult time finding one. Just Google for B&B in the various areas of WNC by using a map. Popular areas for the waterfalls and nature would be: Brevard (Transylvania County) nicknamed Land of the Waterfalls. Look northwest of Asheville. Places like Robbinsville (huge lake there), Mitchell County, Haywood County, in the high mountain areas; Waynesville, Franklin. Don't forget TN, and the Great Smoky Mtn. National Park etc. etc. Also the Northeast GA mountains are lovely. You have lots of choices as long if you want to be out in the Smokeys, the Blue Ridge or Appalachians.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:26 PM

172 posts, read 477,595 times
Charlies Bunion, in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park if you dont mind a Hike to get to you destination for that Sunset...

Old 02-19-2011, 07:12 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,531,341 times
I agree ATV IMO are against nature. Loud and annoying and would scare any wildlife away plus deface the land.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:50 PM

45 posts, read 158,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
I agree ATV IMO are against nature. Loud and annoying and would scare any wildlife away plus deface the land.
most places in NC are located in state parks that are managed so don't be concerned about the land issues . Tennessee has some fantastic riding plus has rental shops nearby and are not far from WNC .
Coal Creek OHV | OHV Trails | Campground | ATV Riding | Adventure | ATV/OHV Sport Events | Off-Road Riding | East Tennessee Mountains | Windrock | OHV | Rock Crawling | Rock Climbing | Mud Bog | Poker Run

http://boardreader.com/thread/Buffal..._d1kkX7iy.html

Old 02-19-2011, 08:58 PM

Windrock ATV Club • Index page

Old 02-19-2011, 09:04 PM

Brown Mountain OHV Trails - North Carolina Motorcycle and ATV Trails

You'll have to call and see when this riding area opens .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina