Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 02:26 AM

215 posts, read 569,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yuck View Post
I'd pick Montford over Kenilworth if you want to walk.

I keep up on the business listings here. Almost all of what I see have been managed badly and you'd have a rough year or two overcoming that.

There are lots of good spaces available if you want to upfit and start from scratch.
We are still looking at the business I mentioned to you in a pm a while back. If you know of others worth considering let me know! Also, how has your experience of schools gone? Mine are 5&7, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 07:16 AM

279 posts, read 534,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jukes View Post
We are still looking at the business I mentioned to you in a pm a while back. If you know of others worth considering let me know! Also, how has your experience of schools gone? Mine are 5&7, thanks.
I'll keep an eye out for you!

My son will start kindergarten in the fall. We are trying to get him in to the Science & Tech magnet school because it's convenient for us. We're out of district, so we'll find out later this month. If not, he'll go to Oakley. With all the budget cuts, it may not matter.

It's kind of crazy that we live in the city and are not in the school system.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:33 PM

279 posts, read 534,150 times
Letter came today. We have to pay 3 hundred-something to get him into Hall Fletcher. This is good and 7K less than we were paying for pre-school.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:14 AM

215 posts, read 569,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yuck View Post
Letter came today. We have to pay 3 hundred-something to get him into Hall Fletcher. This is good and 7K less than we were paying for pre-school.
glad you got the school you wanted for your son. we are hoping to sell our house here asap so we can move there, it won't be in time for the start of school in Sept unfortunetly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina