Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2011, 08:03 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,849,665 times

Advertisements

So, I am really wanting to get a place in Black Mountain, as I visited a couple earlier and I am nuts about that town. Now that I actually have a chance to live out there, I'm excited, because it's my favorite town close to Asheville. What I was wondering is if any of our real estate agent folks or just people in the know could tell me how often things come on the market out there for rent.

I'm looking for a stand-alone home, and it needs to be at least 3 bedrooms. Want to stay at or under $1200. I would also like a view, because I've been here for two years living in houses without a view, and it's almost like not being in the mountains at all. Before today, I didn't think it would be possible to find a place with a view in my price range, but when I saw this place today, I got excited. The only reason I can't rent it is because one of my roommates "just doesn't feel comfortable there" because of the horse stables out back. I think the horse stables make it even more incredible, but whatever, he's nuts.

I should say, I'm actually fine with anywhere that is somewhat rural and has views and privacy (I know it's cliche and silly, but whatever, I moved here FOR the mountains, I want to be able to see them!). As long as it's within as close driving distance as Black Mountain is, it's fine. Can't really be much farther out than that, though. I would be fine with a trailer, but unfortunately I have picky roommates, so that's out too. So yeah, am I nuts here? Should I push really hard for this place because another one isn't going to come along, or is there a good chance of finding a nice place out in the country? I have until July 1st to find a place and be out of my house in Oakley.

I'm just tired of living in the city, having my neighbors right next to me, all the traffic, tourists, blah blah blah. Asheville is nice, but I would rather go home to the country at the end of the day. I like to relax away from the hustle and bustle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 11:32 PM

2,103 posts, read 4,473,588 times
Well, from a non professional who spent more than my fair share of time searching for decent rentals. I'd say you have a good chance. Your budget is much higher than most too which will help you and I ALWAYS saw rentals in the BM area. I'm sure you already know about it, but check craigslist, mountain xpress, and iwana. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina