Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2007, 01:43 PM

2 posts, read 7,187 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know about the quality of Summit Charter School in Cashiers, NC? Also what is it like during the winters there? We spend time there in the summer and fall and love it. Thank you very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 09:01 PM

2 posts, read 7,531 times
Default schools

My friend's daughter just started school there and loves it. I think she is wanting more options for schooling in the future as she is just now in first grade. There are no private schools here but, I hear that the home schooling is something a lot of people are doing here. Are you moving here for a job? In the building industry?

Old 08-28-2008, 07:51 AM

2 posts, read 7,062 times
Smile I used to go here

I would definitely recommend sending your child to Summit Charter...I lived here growing up, although originally from S.Florida...My mom wanted to make sure we grew up in a safe town, so for that reason my brother and I went to school here..My first year here was the first year they opened the school...Its a very tight knit community within the school. Definitely a good learning enviornment as there are only 20 students per grade. Would definitely recommend!

Old 09-01-2008, 02:39 PM

70 posts, read 219,633 times
Cashiers is sort of "out there" for someone moving from So Fl. Everything is far away including just getting there. Downtown is nothing there. School is good though...but will you be happy? In season traffic is bad in the cross town main intersection and if you don't golf, not much there. If you do golf...tons to do.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:11 PM

2 posts, read 7,062 times
Default I don't live here anymore:

OF course it would be difficult moving there after you've lived in S Florida your entire life..But my mom took us here when my brother and I were young so it didn't make a difference to us. The closest shopping mall is 2 hours, and every big city is far..So if you think that you will feel claustrophobic then I don't recommend it for you..however for your kids it will be good...I am back living in South Florida and i thank my mom everyday for raising me in this town..I'm loving where I am now, but I have noticed the school systems here are full of snooty bratty kids... Its really your choice, if you've spent time there then what you see is what you get...

Old 10-12-2008, 06:11 AM

2 posts, read 7,187 times
cristy,thank you for your response. a small, safe town is what we are looking for along with nature. gang killings in south fla are a weekly occurrence and we've had it. thank you for giving me a student's perspective. did you find that you were well prepared for high school after summit charter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina