Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 11:18 AM

91 posts, read 285,946 times

Advertisements

Which would you rather go to and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 05:40 PM

113 posts, read 276,075 times
I think it depends on your definition of "better".

Based on our past visits, I'd say that Six Flags has a slight edge on variety of attractions. Carowinds, on the other hand, seems less crowded with shorter line waits.

Unless there is a specific must-do attraction or a great discount at one or the other, I'd go to whichever is closest and/or easier to get to. Therefore, my preference is Carowinds since it is much closer to my location than is Six Flags.

Both are definitely worth a visit!

Old 08-06-2012, 10:23 AM

Thanks! Both are about 3 hours away so that's why it is tough deciding! I think the kids are looking for thrill rides and both seem to have them. Thanks for the input!

Old 08-06-2012, 02:05 PM

113 posts, read 276,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel_state View Post
Thanks! Both are about 3 hours away so that's why it is tough deciding! I think the kids are looking for thrill rides and both seem to have them. Thanks for the input!
Both are quality parks. Depending on the age of the kids going, you might want to look into ride height restrictions and compare that way. Have fun!

Old 08-06-2012, 09:41 PM

126 posts, read 296,130 times
Carowinds. Six Flags rides have a history of breaking down at most, if not all of their parks.

If you're talking about Six Flags over Georgia, I would defiantly go to Carowinds. There's a better variety of rides for the kids, over 20 more rides then SFOG and Carowinds has more roller coasters.

The lines at Carowinds aren't the shortest though.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:52 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
We had season tickets at Carowinds for two years running when my children were younger. We went to six flags once, so I guess my opinion would be slanted.

I came on though to mention to you that it is really good to get the season tickets so you can go for a short period of time any time you want to during the season. Our granddaughter had season tickets for the one in Virginia and she could use it at Carowinds too. I think it was called Kings Dominion.

We used to love to go to the short-time free parking space and go inside Carowinds on Sunday afternoon just to get Smurf Blue Ice Cream. That was the only place we knew that had it.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:50 PM

Thanks y'all, I guess I should have specified they are teens! I think we'll give Carowinds a try this time, and next see what Six Flags has to offer!

Old 08-07-2012, 03:50 AM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,020 times
I haven't been to a theme park in years. I think the last time I went was the day high school let out. I went to Six Flags in Wisconsin but back then I wasn't really into thrill rides. I want to go to one since I'm older and I really need a full day to just explore and have fun at a theme park so I'm definitely going to try Carowinds.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:44 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
Six Flags used to have a better selection of big rides and rollercoasters, but Carowinds has improved in recent years, especially since Cedar Fair took over. The Intimidator is the biggest rollercoaster in the Southeast, and an awesome ride.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:45 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
And don't forget about Dollywood. They have a new wing rider coaster, the Wild Eagle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina