Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-08-2013, 02:15 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
23,809 posts, read 34,339,062 times
Reputation: 10256

Advertisements

Now Ingles is doing the gas points. Is Lowes dinging them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-08-2013, 02:48 PM
 
11,113 posts, read 19,372,544 times
Reputation: 10172
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Now Ingles is doing the gas points. Is Lowes dinging them?

BI-LO has a similar program. Sam's Club has gas discounts if you are a member.

What does Lowe's have to do with gas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2013, 03:02 PM
 
Location: Santa Fe, NM
679 posts, read 1,450,332 times
Reputation: 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
BI-LO has a similar program. Sam's Club has gas discounts if you are a member.

What does Lowe's have to do with gas?
Lowe's Foods was giving gas points when they were here, I think the Hess stations since the Asheville location did not have a gas station.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2013, 03:27 PM
 
11,113 posts, read 19,372,544 times
Reputation: 10172
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Lowe's Foods was giving gas points when they were here, I think the Hess stations since the Asheville location did not have a gas station.
Aaaahhh, I see. We never had Lowe's Foods down here in the Hinterlands of Hendersonville. Somehow I can't relate to the words "Lowe's" and "food" together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2013, 04:12 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
21,000 posts, read 26,910,497 times
Reputation: 5974
Ingle's started its fuel points in South Carolina in March. I think they have expanded the program into North Carolina. I do not know if Ingle's stores in Georgia and Tennessee have been on board yet, but I am sure they will. Ingle's does not have gas stations in its three stores in Alabama and Virginia.

Bi-Lo Holdings participates in a nationwide Fuelperks program. Bi-Lo and Winn Dixie does not have any store branded gas stations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2013, 04:21 PM
 
Location: Mtns of Waynesville,NC & Nokomis, FL
4,777 posts, read 10,507,519 times
Reputation: 6513
Showing 'gas points' on the receipts at the Waynesville store, too...
no gas there, but supposedly they were/are working on zoning to have pumps installed in the parking lot. Imo, we need another gas station in W'ville like we need another corner church or bbq joint...

The Waynesville Ingles parking lot is already like 'bumper cars' with the gezzers and lazy people orbiting around for the 'handicap' and close in spots. But, with Belk moved, maybe that is the gas pump location?
BR, mD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2013, 04:31 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
21,000 posts, read 26,910,497 times
Reputation: 5974
Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
Showing 'gas points' on the receipts at the Waynesville store, too...
no gas there, but supposedly they were/are working on zoning to have pumps installed in the parking lot. Imo, we need another gas station in W'ville like we need another corner church or bbq joint...

The Waynesville Ingles parking lot is already like 'bumper cars' with the gezzers and lazy people orbiting around for the 'handicap' and close in spots. But, with Belk moved, maybe that is the gas pump location?
BR, mD
Ingle's store #23 should be expanding and remodeling right now. Plans for that store include expanding into the former Goody's and CVS and adding a pharmacy department and fueling center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2013, 08:04 PM
 
Location: "The Gorge"
905 posts, read 3,436,974 times
Reputation: 724
Lowes is a non-competitor in this region. Hardly a cause for a competitive response. I think Ingles sees an opportunity to provide a perceived (non)value for buying their gas. They are usually priced higher than the closest competitors. This program will bring their prices in line with the competition. That's only if the gas rewards are cashed in. They have Los of restrictions. The points don't roll over from month to month and there is a 20 gallons max limit per month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2013, 08:20 PM
 
1,094 posts, read 2,957,156 times
Reputation: 737
We have a Lowe's and an Ingles here, but I haven't noticed any gas point on my receipt from Ingles. Although, this Ingles ( Watauga County) doesn't have a gas station. Not a fan of Lowe's, not that it matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2013, 08:28 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
23,809 posts, read 34,339,062 times
Reputation: 10256
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRock View Post
Lowes is a non-competitor in this region. Hardly a cause for a competitive response. I think Ingles sees an opportunity to provide a perceived (non)value for buying their gas. They are usually priced higher than the closest competitors. This program will bring their prices in line with the competition. That's only if the gas rewards are cashed in. They have Los of restrictions. The points don't roll over from month to month and there is a 20 gallons max limit per month.
I'm on the eastern edge of Ingles' area, so not in your area, but most people on the Charlotte board don't know anything about Ingles. In this area there are 4 Lowes Foods & 2 BiLos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top