Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2014, 07:34 AM

6 posts, read 17,583 times

Advertisements

I am seeking quality full-time, full-day (M-F 8:30-5:30) childcare/ preschool for my almost 3 year old daughter within the city limits of Asheville. My family and I are relocating to Asheville (from Raleigh) late this spring and it seems as though there are many part-time facilities (day ending at 1 or 2:45), but not many full day programs.

So far I've checked out The Child Care Center at First Presbyterian (waiting list), Rainbow Community in W. A'Ville (waiting list and pricey), and am trying to find information about hours from the Biltmore Academy.

We will most likely be living in the Five Points/ Hillside, Charlotte Street, or Weaver Park neighborhoods and commuting to the Biltmore area.

Can anyone provide some tips and suggestions? For those working parents who utilize the part-day programs, where do your children go after 1:00 or 2:00 when they end?

Thanks SO much community! Feeling frustrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 08:26 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,483,645 times
The Academy of Asheville just opened up a new facility not that long ago and they have full day services. They're located at 1709 Hendersonville Rd. Asheville, NC 28803.

I don't personally have children but know quite a few people who do and take their children there.

Quote:
We reserve the full week, M-F, 7:30-5:30 for every family. You simply use as much or as little of each week as you wish. You are not required to set a schedule. Come and go as you please, whichever best meets the needs of your family. There is no cut off time for arrival and no limit to the number of hours you may use. We remain fully staffed at all times to provide your family with this flexibility.
http://www.theacademyofasheville.com/tuition.html

Old 02-15-2014, 01:38 PM

221 posts, read 462,110 times
We used two different full-time preschools, both with 5-star ratings:

The Children's Center at Gracelyn, located in Grace Covenant Church off of Merrimon
Mountain Area Child and Family Center on Riceville Rd. in East Asheville

I would recommend both very highly, though Gracelyn is probably closer to you. For what it's worth, I've never heard a good thing about Biltmore Academy, though it's been a couple years since I was asking. Another one to look into, if it's not too far, is Creative Village in Swannanoa. I know two families who use it and are very happy.

Good luck!

Old 02-15-2014, 06:51 PM

279 posts, read 534,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
The Academy of Asheville just opened up a new facility not that long ago and they have full day services. They're located at 1709 Hendersonville Rd. Asheville, NC 28803.

I don't personally have children but know quite a few people who do and take their children there.

The Academy of Asheville

2nded. My son went to the South Asheville location from 3.5 to kindergarten and loved it. The flexible schedule is pretty neat. Take your kid with you for a tour.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:56 AM

6 posts, read 17,583 times
Thanks so much all! It's helpful to have an in-town reference point.

Old 02-20-2014, 06:29 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,483,645 times
If you want to look up health scores Buncombe County has gone digital with that.

Buncombe Co., NC - Digital Health Department
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina