Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 05:47 PM

396 posts, read 409,460 times

Advertisements

Resuscitating a thread nearly a decade old only for it to become a platform for acrimonious mudslinging. Oh, the internet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2015, 05:48 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
Try maryville, TN lots of republicans there I'm sure.

Old 09-01-2015, 05:49 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,376,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by investorscooter View Post
Would Brevard area have a healthy mix of conservatives AND liberals and non-political types? I'm looking for a Goldilocks community where people don't act "jerk-ish" to each other.
Unless you are totally aggressive and in your face about it, nobody anywhere in NC (in my opinion) is going to care much about your political beliefs. Now if you want to constantly talk politics aggressively with everyone around you, then all bets are off. You will find most people to be live and let live.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:41 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Franklin is small and doesn't offer many job opportunities (my neighbor commutes all the way to Asheville!) but it's definitely a beautiful area with breathtaking mountain views.

I don't care what race or religion my neighbors are as long as they're quiet and don't bother me, but I think it's very conservative area. It's definitely not racially diverse. According to the US Census, NC is 22% African-American and Macon County is 1.7%.

However, when I look for a place to live, I usually Google "Unitarian" and "Democratic Party" so I'm probably not the right person to ask.

Old 09-04-2015, 04:20 PM

7 posts, read 6,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
If you wanted to go to SW Virginia, wouldn't you have sent a note to a town blog in Virginia?
I don't know which area to go, reason for the inquiry. This area in Brevard was suggested in retirement information, reason for the inquiry. I still don't understand the reason for your attitude simply for an inquiry about the Brevard location. It was stated in the info that that it was an arts and crafts type location, yet I get the sense that is incorrect based on some of these replies. Thanks anyway in spite....

Old 09-04-2015, 04:24 PM

7 posts, read 6,473 times
Quote:
Unless you are totally aggressive and in your face about it, nobody anywhere in NC (in my opinion) is going to care much about your political beliefs. Now if you want to constantly talk politics aggressively with everyone around you, then all bets are off. You will find most people to be live and let live.
I am certainly not a political aggressive, I am more interested in live and let live which suits me the best........thanks

Old 09-04-2015, 08:58 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times
Look into Abingdon, VA. Beautiful, historic, conservative. (I have relatives there.)

Old 09-05-2015, 03:56 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
You're a politically conservative, artistic conservationist?

Instead of talking in code words and labels, why don't you just plainly state what you're looking for? Somewhere thats all white, homophobic and has a high percentage of NRA members? Somewhere with an active KKK chapter? A town that broadcasts Rush Limbaugh's show over loudspeakers at the town park? A place where only the rich have health care and everyone talks about how evil the "gubmint" is?

Have you considered Alabama?

This is precious! You should consider comedy writing.

Old 09-05-2015, 03:58 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Try maryville, TN lots of republicans there I'm sure.
I know someone who moved there and left. It might be a good fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina