Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2008, 02:03 PM

10 posts, read 36,998 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I know there are so many knowledgeable people on this board that I thought you might be able to help me understand the Lake Lure real estate market. As an upcoming transplant I am doing my research for a future purchase. Towards this end I am hoping to find out about current market trends.

Can anyone who knows please share the following information, or where to find it:

Current mean / median list and sale price in Lake Lure?

Average DOM - Days on Market?

Average price per square foot for a home?

What percent of asking price are most homes currently closing for?

What is the current market trend +/- and by what percent?

Thank you, I appreciate your help and both look forward to learning a lot more about the Lake Lure market and relocating to WNC.

Happy New Year,
Just-Me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2008, 07:27 PM

70 posts, read 227,402 times
Default Lake Lure

You have email with stats.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:07 PM

Default Gratitude

Thanks so much, mountain man! I really appreciate it. Everyone in WNC has been sooo helpful in preparing for my move, I really can't wait to get there!

I am sure I will have more questions pop up between now and then too!

Take care until then.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:01 PM

Default Raw Analysis

So Mountain Man was kind enough to share some raw numbers with me, and although no one else has really added to this post much, I see other people have been viewing it so I assume I must not be the only one interested!

With this in mind, I just boiled some of the numbers down a bit and this is what I get so far:

Average DOM - 180
Sale price range - 160,000 - 1.8 m
Average Sale Price - 458,579
Median Sale Price - 390,000
Range of % of Asking Price Accepted by Seller varied widely- 50 - 100%
(The 50% is an obvious outlier to the data, and incidentally corresponds to the lowest sale price of 160 as shown above, which is another outlier)
The average percent of asking price a home sold for was 90%
The price per square foot had a range of 61 - 510 (again the 61 is an outlier, corresponding to the same sale referenced above - Boy I wish I would have gotten THAT deal!)
The average $/sf was 200 with a mode of 191

I do hope someone else finds this all as interesting as I.

Thanks again Mtnman!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina