Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 09:26 AM

644 posts, read 676,991 times

Advertisements

Hope this isn't out of bounds for this forum...... my apologies if it is.

I am 3 for 3 - strikes - in nail salons in Hendersonville and hope someone has recommendations for a place that is above all else, clean, but that also does good work somewhere in Henderson county. Nothing fancy, just a basic mani/pedi, regular old nail polish, not the no-chip stuff they have to remove with special stuff. Any suggestions in Hendersonville, Flat Rock or? At this rate I'd go as far up as Fletcher if need be but hoping to find a place closes to home. It's a warm weather indulgence for me and with a longer sandal season it would be nice take advantage - and I'm tired of turning myself into a pretzel to polish my own toes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 09:33 AM

203 posts, read 373,043 times
Default Hendersonville, NC nail salon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLM2000 View Post
Hope this isn't out of bounds for this forum...... my apologies if it is.

I am 3 for 3 - strikes - in nail salons in Hendersonville and hope someone has recommendations for a place that is above all else, clean, but that also does good work somewhere in Henderson county. Nothing fancy, just a basic mani/pedi, regular old nail polish, not the no-chip stuff they have to remove with special stuff. Any suggestions in Hendersonville, Flat Rock or? At this rate I'd go as far up as Fletcher if need be but hoping to find a place closes to home. It's a warm weather indulgence for me and with a longer sandal season it would be nice take advantage - and I'm tired of turning myself into a pretzel to polish my own toes!
Victoria's Nail & Spa

783 N Church St, Hendersonville, NC 28792
(828) 693-7390

Old 06-21-2015, 10:50 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,626,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louise50 View Post
Victoria's Nail & Spa

783 N Church St, Hendersonville, NC 28792
(828) 693-7390

Louise is right on ! I also highly recommend Victoria's; and just had a pedi there on Thursday. It is very clean, professional, comfortable etc. and their prices are 'normal'. I've been going there for several years along with my friends.

Let me know what direction are you coming from and I can give you directions. All of Church St. is a one way.

Old 06-21-2015, 10:55 AM

Thanks for the quick reply, louise50. I did stop in at Victoria's - I try to do that before making an appointment as a 'due diligence' measure - and the smell of the gel nails and no ventilation drove me out. They may be great but I'm trying to hang on to the brain cells I still have!!

Old 06-22-2015, 07:56 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,053,171 times
Quote:
For women only (probably)
I don't know, with some of the sweet transvestites in Asheville, some men might actually know where to find good nail salons!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc80tFJpTuo

Old 06-23-2015, 04:28 AM

1,628 posts, read 1,371,167 times
I got a pedi ($28+tip) at Avalon Nails in South Asheville (in strip mall with Walmart near BRP). There was no smell of nail polish or chemicals (I can't stand them). They said the quietest days were Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

https://plus.google.com/105324288062...ts?gl=us&hl=en

Old 06-23-2015, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply, louise50. I did stop in at Victoria's - I try to do that before making an appointment as a 'due diligence' measure - and the smell of the gel nails and no ventilation drove me out. They may be great but I'm trying to hang on to the brain cells I still have!!

My friends and I have been going there for several years, never any smell of chemicals. I'm there every 2 weeks. Maybe you should try another day. The humid weather we've been having might have something to do with it. Last Thursday they were so busy, it was like a swinging door in there, with customers in and out all afternoon.

See 'ya Sunday ! Glad you got a nice nail treatment.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:30 PM

LOL ApePeeD!! Kinda what I meant - I wouldn't turn down good advice - doesn't matter who it comes from!

Thanks for that tip noodlecat - I do go to the Fletcher YMCA sometimes so that would be an easy stop.

QC sorry I missed your first post altogether. Ok, I'll have to give Victoria's another shot. I stopped in there probably in January, just to run in and get a list of services and prices. In that short time I was having trouble breathing and I don't have asthma or other breathing issues but literally couldn't catch my breath in the fumes. I worked around alkyd paints long enough to know when the fumes are squeezing O2 out of your lungs - so very dangerous for the people who work in that.

Old 06-23-2015, 03:10 PM

Quote:
LOL ApePeeD!! Kinda what I meant - I wouldn't turn down good advice - doesn't matter who it comes from!

Thanks for that tip noodlecat - I do go to the Fletcher YMCA sometimes so that would be an easy stop.

QC sorry I missed your first post altogether. Ok, I'll have to give Victoria's another shot. I stopped in there probably in January, just to run in and get a list of services and prices. In that short time I was having trouble breathing and I don't have asthma or other breathing issues but literally couldn't catch my breath in the fumes. I worked around alkyd paints long enough to know when the fumes are squeezing O2 out of your lungs - so very dangerous for the people who work in that.

I hear you about fumes ... not pleasant at all ! See you Sunday ... I'm going to get there around 1:15 pm, and I just bought some extra name tags, will leave them at the hostess' desk in case anyone forgets to bring one. I do not like those "Hello .. my name is ...". So I got big plain gold seals to write your name(s) on -- because we are special ! Try to get there around 1:30 for the mani/pedi check.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:59 PM

Oh, geez! Talk about pressure! Do I have to color coordinate or anything? ;-)

Just to be sure I have it right..... 100 Sierra Nevada Way Mills River - but my GPS isn't coming up with it - did you post directions? I'll go looking......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina