Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 12:14 AM

758 posts, read 2,287,839 times

Advertisements

P.S. Our realtor would have paid the $1,750 herself, if necessary, to close this escrow, she told us today. We knew that. We would not have let her do that. Fortunately, that did not become an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 10:23 AM

165 posts, read 884,389 times
Jan & Bill,

So sorry to read of all your hassles. W too have a contract and the 'buyers' agent has been very obnoxious and almost lost the deal, as weak as it is...

Hang in there is all I can advise you as thats all we keep telling ourselves.

Ed

Old 04-08-2008, 11:16 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
Happy for you Jan. It seems like it is all coming together for you and Bill as it is falling apart for us. Frday we heard that the PB FHA loan was out of underwriters and the close would be on the 11th as planned. What our realtor didn't tell us the bank the underwriters are from gave the loan the OK but with conditions. When she and her X got their divorce the judge told him the bills were his to pay but the bank doesn't see it that way. So on to another bank she goes and another closing date. This will be the third closing date. I am upset with our realtor since she most likely new this when she called us up FRI telling us the loan was out of underwritng.
We now have given her until the 21st to close. If she does't we get $1000. I hate to back her into a corner since I do know she is trying to get through this process. Our realtor is just so laid back and I don't think I am getting the whole truth from her. So down we go once again to FL to talk to her face to face. Meanwhile a week and a half ago we cleaned out the whole house so we have to once again restock some of the cabinets so we can eat. We also kept our spare room King bed and my dresser down there but this weekend it was picked up by the womans shelter so we are also taking the airbed and bedding. I hope we have some good news also.So close we were. I am just sick about it all.
I don't mean to vent Jan on your post and your news does give me some hope.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Happy for you Jan. It seems like it is all coming together for you and Bill as it is falling apart for us. Frday we heard that the PB FHA loan was out of underwriters and the close would be on the 11th as planned. What our realtor didn't tell us the bank the underwriters are from gave the loan the OK but with conditions. When she and her X got their divorce the judge told him the bills were his to pay but the bank doesn't see it that way. So on to another bank she goes and another closing date. This will be the third closing date. I am upset with our realtor since she most likely new this when she called us up FRI telling us the loan was out of underwritng.
We now have given her until the 21st to close. If she does't we get $1000. I hate to back her into a corner since I do know she is trying to get through this process. Our realtor is just so laid back and I don't think I am getting the whole truth from her. So down we go once again to FL to talk to her face to face. Meanwhile a week and a half ago we cleaned out the whole house so we have to once again restock some of the cabinets so we can eat. We also kept our spare room King bed and my dresser down there but this weekend it was picked up by the womans shelter so we are also taking the airbed and bedding. I hope we have some good news also.So close we were. I am just sick about it all.
I don't mean to vent Jan on your post and your news does give me some hope.
I am so sorry you're going through this sudden "miscarriage," Lorrie. I know it's a tremendous disappointment and stress. In case it helps you to know this, our March 17 escrow has been extended multiple times to the present April 25. We don't even deal in ten-day extensions any more. And the reason is the slowness of ALL lending institutions these days to process and to fund, even without divorce complications or credit problems. At age 50+, our buyers have a perfect credit record and are putting down $540K cash, mortgaging the rest. And even THEY have been waiting for funding for two months from two different sources, each of which has charged them $3,500 in fees. They still don't have their loan and are beyond frantic. (We hope they hear good news today.) So what I'm saying is, you still have your buyers, they still want your home, you may just need to be even more patient than you've already been. Know that you're not alone and that our thoughts and prayers are still with you!!!

Jan

Old 04-08-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Parkies View Post
I am so sorry you're going through this sudden "miscarriage," Lorrie. I know it's a tremendous disappointment and stress. In case it helps you to know this, our March 17 escrow has been extended multiple times to the present April 25. We don't even deal in ten-day extensions any more. And the reason is the slowness of ALL lending institutions these days to process and to fund, even without divorce complications or credit problems. At age 50+, our buyers have a perfect credit record and are putting down $540K cash, mortgaging the rest. And even THEY have been waiting for funding for two months from two different sources, each of which has charged them $3,500 in fees. They still don't have their loan and are beyond frantic. (We hope they hear good news today.) So what I'm saying is, you still have your buyers, they still want your home, you may just need to be even more patient than you've already been. Know that you're not alone and that our thoughts and prayers are still with you!!!

Jan
You do have a point that we have a buyer who really wants our home but unlike your buyer mine does not have a lot of money.(can't be sure of that) But all she wants to put down is the 3% the FHA requires. Yes she wants the house but I can't allow it to sit on the market with a pending sale attached to it. Realtors and buyers skip us by because of it. I wish I had your realtor ours made it sound like on the 21st if she did not close she would forgo her $1000. When I questioned our realtor about that and said then the contract is null and void she said not at all. That is crap and I allowed her to do that when I knew better. I would have rather had her pay some sort of penalty for the monies we are putting in the house so she can move right in.Housekeeper every month, Lawn service, pest control, pool maintenance plus us making the 11 hr trip every 10 - 12 days to make sure the house looks OK and everyone is doing their job.
Our realtor just called and said she has no problem signing the addendum and the bank officer had told her to ask for the 21st as a closing date. Again her realtor told ours that she really wants the house. We asked how much does she think that her x owes and our realtor thinks it is about $10,000 so that is most likley her plan B paying it off.She also has all ready rented pods to pack so who the heck knows.
I just wish I drank but I will settle for a cold pepsi.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:55 PM

1,912 posts, read 3,225,091 times
Cheers and good luck to both of you....yikes....OMG

Old 04-09-2008, 08:21 PM

Still thinking of you, Lorrie....

#1: Is a lease with option to buy a reasonable plan for this buyer and you? I'm thinking that way she could move in right away and take over your expenses while waiting for the bank to come through with her loan. You could specify a term limit on the lease.

#2: Have you heard of Skype? We have friends who hold real-time telephone conversations around the world with full audio AND VIDEO images using nothing but computers. It's a FREE service if you're calling people who are also using Skype; it is CHEAP to call anyone else, on any landline or cell phone! I'm thinking you might stay in touch with your FL contacts this way instead of driving down there. Maybe have a friend stop by the house for you now and then, though your realtor should do that, too, I would think.

Skype official website – free download and free calls and internet calls

Keep us posted!

(We are now looking to close before April 18 but won't jump up and down until it happens.)

Jan

Last edited by the Parkies; 04-09-2008 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: added link

Old 04-11-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Still thinking of you, Lorrie....

#1: Is a lease with option to buy a reasonable plan for this buyer and you? I'm thinking that way she could move in right away and take over your expenses while waiting for the bank to come through with her loan. You could specify a term limit on the lease.

#2: Have you heard of Skype? We have friends who hold real-time telephone conversations around the world with full audio AND VIDEO images using nothing but computers. It's a FREE service if you're calling people who are also using Skype; it is CHEAP to call anyone else, on any landline or cell phone! I'm thinking you might stay in touch with your FL contacts this way instead of driving down there. Maybe have a friend stop by the house for you now and then, though your realtor should do that, too, I would think.

Skype official website – free download and free calls and internet calls

Keep us posted!

(We are now looking to close before April 18 but won't jump up and down until it happens.)

Jan
Hubby has skype for work amazing isn't it. I think things are turning around. We are in Fl for a few days and spoke to our realtor and she said she has good feelings about this loan. The buyer came this afternoon to show her parents who came from out of state to see our place and they were very pleased with our home. The buyer is all packed and ready to move and her walk through will be Sunday morning. We will get the go from the new underwriters Mon or tues and she did as did her fiance sign that if they didn't close by the 21st the $1000 was ours.My realtor said this tells us a lot because if she didn't sign she would have doubts and she doesn't. I feel that her parents came down to help pay off her x husbands debt if need be. One way or another she wants this house as does her Fiance and teenage daughter.
We checked our mailbox today and it had two bills for her and her fiance. Jumping the gun a bit wouldn't you say.
I hate to jinx myself by writing this but I do feel a lot better.
How are things on your end?

#1: Is a lease with option to buy a reasonable plan for this buyer and you? I'm thinking that way she could move in right away and take over your expenses while waiting for the bank to come through with her loan. You could specify a term limit on the lease.qoute
I was also thinking about that since they are nice people and I do not feel that they would trash our house.

We are not going to closing since we have come down here so many times in the last few months that the 11 hours in the car with three dogs is getting a bit much even though we are getting so good at it that the dogs and our potty breaks are at the same time. We have to come down the first week of May for hubby's scans. Way to many times. In May we have to be here for 4 days. We are thinking of buying a short sale condo near the cancer center. We mentioned that to our realtor today and she will be on the look out.

(We are now looking to close before April 18 but won't jump up and down until it happens.)Quote

Ours should be the 21st and I know what you mean. But we both are getting closer to the end right?

Lorrie

Last edited by lorriem; 04-11-2008 at 07:33 PM..

Old 04-13-2008, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Ours should be the 21st and I know what you mean. But we both are getting closer to the end right? Lorrie
Well, we're now looking to close "by April 25"--I don't know whether to sigh or yawn--but YES!--we're both getting close now, Lorrie, and we're feeling pretty good about everything. The worst is over.

Jan

Old 04-13-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Well, we're now looking to close "by April 25"--I don't know whether to sigh or yawn--but YES!--we're both getting close now, Lorrie, and we're feeling pretty good about everything. The worst is over.

Jan
I hope so Jan but I will be certain when all the papers are signed. So tired we just got home from FL. Our three dogs are tired also and they slept most of the way.
Lorrie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina