Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 11:43 AM

643 posts, read 670,461 times

Advertisements

Oh good grief, QC - people don't " 'transition' in a restroom stall"!!!! I'm not talking about changing clothes here - it's a process someone goes through over a long period of time - oh never mind. I rest my case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 11:53 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,544,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLM2000 View Post
Except when that's a red herring used to disenfranchise a segment of the population by enacting a law to address a problem that isn't a problem. There's a good chance you've already been in a dressing room or a bathroom stall and someone who has or is in process of transitioning is using a dressing room or a stall in the same facility. I am not the least bit worried about that person in the stall next to me - .......................... quote]

[quote- DLM2000;43665884] Oh good grief, QC - people don't " 'transition' in a restroom stall"!!!! I'm not talking about changing clothes here - it's a process someone goes through over a long period of time - oh never mind. I rest my case.
Well heck, you said it, not me: ".... has or is in process of transitioning .... using .... a stall ".

Good grief ! make up your mind. Where the hell did the description 'transition' come from anyhow. Certainly wasn't dreamed up by the Lord when he made 'em, and when their mothers birthed 'em.

Old 04-10-2016, 11:54 AM

2,424 posts, read 3,537,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Except for shameless liberal Asheville, Western NC has always been the most conservative area of this beautiful State. Nothing wrong with traditional family values.
The law makes it impossible for a worker to sue for workplace discrimination (age, color, sex, race, religion) in any state court in NC. Secondly it makes basically substitutes the words "trans", "gay", homosexual (and slang for those words) for the N-word. It is all about oppression and is a political "wink, wink, nod, nod" to haters in the state of NC.

Old 04-10-2016, 03:23 PM

398 posts, read 498,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhm5 View Post
The law makes it impossible for a worker to sue for workplace discrimination (age, color, sex, race, religion) in any state court in NC. Secondly it makes basically substitutes the words "trans", "gay", homosexual (and slang for those words) for the N-word. It is all about oppression and is a political "wink, wink, nod, nod" to haters in the state of NC.
And apparently that poster is one of the haters.

Old 04-10-2016, 03:25 PM

398 posts, read 498,455 times
Quote:
Except for shameless liberal Asheville, Western NC has always been the most conservative area of this beautiful State. Nothing wrong with traditional family values.
Since when is hate a traditional family value?

Old 04-10-2016, 03:40 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,410,320 times
Quote:

Well heck, you said it, not me: ".... has or is in process of transitioning .... using .... a stall ".

Good grief ! make up your mind. Where the hell did the description 'transition' come from anyhow. Certainly wasn't dreamed up by the Lord when he made 'em, and when their mothers birthed 'em.
Oh dear God. "Transitioning" means the long process of changing one's sex or gender identity. It sounds like you think it means changing clothes.

The trans person usually starts changing their wardrobe, may begin taking hormones, and may eventually have surgery. At any time along this transition, they will start living as the gender they identify with. This includes using the women's restroom if you are male transitioning to female and vice versa.

That's why DLM said you have probably been in a restroom with a trans person without knowing it . . . and you survived.

Old 04-10-2016, 03:45 PM

Quote:

Shameless liberal Asheville? What does Asheville have to be ashamed about?

Old 04-10-2016, 03:51 PM

159 posts, read 183,605 times
Quote:
There is no chance, has never been any chance, nor will there ever be that chance.

There is NO reason for someone to 'transition' in a restroom stall. None.

Since when were the words 'dignity' and 'self respect' taken out of the dictionary.

I know several gay people, couples, males, females, former clients, good friends, etc. They are all respectful, they like their privacy, and they don't flaunt their private lives or impose their choices on others or in public; and I respect them.

Bye now, this subject gives me agida.
That's exactly why you haven't noticed them in the stall next to you. If they're transitioning smoothly and neither of you is gawking at each others private parts you should never know, nor care.

Section II of HB2 is where it gets interesting. That section prohibits municipalities from enacting protections relating to minimum wage, hours of labor, payment of earned wages, leave or child labor. I suspect the fingerprints of Art Pope, ALEC or the Koch brothers will be found on this bill.

http://www.ncleg.net/Sessions/2015E2...e/PDF/H2v1.pdf

Last edited by KaleMan; 04-10-2016 at 04:26 PM..

Old 04-10-2016, 05:56 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,544,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Shameless liberal Asheville? What does Asheville have to be ashamed about?

So that means you will participate in the annual topless female parade this year in Asheville. or, maybe take some young children with you. And a good camera. Maybe this year they will add a bottomless male parade. Good grief, anything goes evidently.

Old 04-10-2016, 06:05 PM

Quote:

So that means you will participate in the annual topless female parade this year in Asheville. or, maybe take some young children with you. And a good camera.
What a silly answer. Tolerance of what other people do does not require participation.

Do you think children will go blind or something? And what's the camera for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina