Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 12:56 PM

12 posts, read 14,280 times

Advertisements

So I received a speeding ticket in Asheville doing 95 in a 65 mph. I know it was unsafe and i should not be doing it, I made a mistake and i regret it deeply.
I have hired a lawyer already court date is on 9th.
I am posting to see if anyone else got the same ticket/circumstances and what was the outcome?

I am 26 year old, I am a full time engineer with a clean driving record.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 05:04 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,544,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjawan View Post
So I received a speeding ticket in Asheville doing 95 in a 65 mph. I know it was unsafe and i should not be doing it, I made a mistake and i regret it deeply.
I am posting to see if anyone else got the same ticket/circumstances and what was the outcome?

Thank you

Very simple. Take your medicine, pay your fine, and grow up. You could have killed someone or maimed them for life !

No sympathy here little boy.

Old 01-06-2015, 05:39 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Very simple. Take your medicine, pay your fine, and grow up. You could have killed someone or maimed them for life !

No sympathy here little boy.
Amen, sistah! Driving at 95 in the mountains, dang right it's a good thing no one was killed or maimed.

If you've got a lawyer, why would you seek advice in a public forum?

Old 01-06-2015, 07:11 PM

4,790 posts, read 10,611,895 times
Your lawyer might get you out of reckless, and may get it down to careless...
either way, the barrister & the fine will be considerable. The lawyer will probably be able to beat a
license suspension also, which is really worse than any fine.

Don't know your details, but a Statie could have impounded/towed your car/m'cycle, and hauled you to jail at 30 over, in NC.
Good Luck, mD

Old 01-06-2015, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjawan View Post

Thank you
Heh-heh, so you're a full time engineer with a clean driving record? You're also a prevaricator, apparently:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/virgi...y-82-70-a.html

Old 01-06-2015, 08:58 PM

159 posts, read 183,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Heh-heh, so you're a full time engineer with a clean driving record? You're also a prevaricator, apparently:

There are "fixers" (DA assistants?) who go down the line of those awaiting judgement. Their function seems to be to reduce the load of the court. They can often get you a lower fine/penalty just to keep you out of there. It seems to save everybody time and money.

Old 01-07-2015, 06:28 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,544,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleMan View Post
There are "fixers" (DA assistants?) who go down the line of those awaiting judgement. Their function seems to be to reduce the load of the court. They can often get you a lower fine/penalty just to keep you out of there. It seems to save everybody time and money.

Yep ... throw some sympathy at him ! that's just what this guy needs.

Repeat offender, reckless driving, etc. Hopefully the judge should throw the book at him; 2nd offense in NC as far as we know at this point. And that only means he got caught twice. He is a menace on the road. Doesn't matter one iota that he is an engineer or drives a garbage truck.

He believes he is above the law.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Yep ... throw some sympathy at him ! that's just what this guy needs.

Repeat offender, reckless driving, etc. Hopefully the judge should throw the book at him; 2nd offense in NC as far as we know at this point. And that only means he got caught twice. He is a menace on the road. Doesn't matter one iota that he is an engineer or drives a garbage truck.

He believes he is above the law.
Yes, but apparently he thinks if he wears a suit and kisses up to the judge, life's good. Someone oughta notify his employer, I certainly wouldn't want someone like this working "classified sites", whatever that means.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:55 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
Yea mjawan, I too have no sympathy for you. Please don't drive in Asheville anymore. My guess is that after the courts get finished with you you will have lost your need for speed.

Old 01-08-2015, 01:48 PM

12 posts, read 14,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post

My ticket was thrown out, the Judge fined me but it never showed up anywhere on my license, thus i have a clean record. I have been checking my status ever since every month paying 8$ for the record and so far it has been clean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina