Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2018, 12:27 PM

156 posts, read 147,534 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

Our build in Hendersonville is well on its way and we should be closing on our house here in August so unless we want to be homeless we have to find a place live in WNC.

We tried a bunch of places in Hendersonville & Asheville (Audubon and their sister properties) and either they don’t do 4-6month rentals or don’t have a garage (which I need), no Pets...

We expanded our search north to Weaverville and found Hawthorne at Weaverville. Looks nice, good reviews online and not crazy expense.

We won’t have a chance to visit before deciding so was hoping for some guidance from the boots on the ground down there.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

thanks
lou
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2018, 01:08 PM

27 posts, read 54,634 times
Biltmore Park Town Square does month to month rentals for an extra fee. I lived there for 7 months. They are expensive though, but it was worth it. They have an underground garage and allow pets too. Check out Weirbridge Village too.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:36 PM

789 posts, read 784,819 times
You might also search VRBO for a extended rental . There some low price cabins in the $60's per day for 2 months around Hendersonville area and house you can rent it you can justify the price

Old 06-20-2018, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantfindmywayhome View Post
Biltmore Park Town Square does month to month rentals for an extra fee. I lived there for 7 months. They are expensive though, but it was worth it. They have an underground garage and allow pets too. Check out Weirbridge Village too.
We inquired at Biltmore, I need an actual enclosed garage...Wierbridge does not have any availablity for short term right now.

Aventine is another possibly but we were hoping for non-smoking facility..

We have had no luck on VBRO as it seems to be the end of summer season going into fall is busy

Old 06-20-2018, 04:22 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,541,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingFromLI View Post
Hi All,

Our build in Hendersonville is well on its way and we should be closing on our house here in August so unless we want to be homeless we have to find a place live in WNC.

We tried a bunch of places in Hendersonville & Asheville (Audubon and their sister properties) and either they don’t do 4-6month rentals or don’t have a garage (which I need), no Pets...

We expanded our search north to Weaverville and found Hawthorne at Weaverville. Looks nice, good reviews online and not crazy expense.

We won’t have a chance to visit before deciding so was hoping for some guidance from the boots on the ground down there.

thanks
lou

Avoid Audubon properties, the word on the street is that their management is a horror show.

If you have or know a Realtor, give him/her a call, they will know of home rentals are in this area. Some advertise them on VRBO.com that are monthly. Worth a try.

Old 06-20-2018, 07:46 PM

QC we have let our realtor know we are looking...

Old 06-22-2018, 10:16 PM

243 posts, read 477,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingFromLI View Post
Hi All,

thanks
lou
We dealt with them at a different location and would never again.

It's a newer place and it should probably be fine especially if you won't be there long. However I invite you to look at all the reviews of Hawthorne sites and compare them to other sites. They have an absolutely ridiculously high % of 'verified resident' reviews compared with other sites. All the 'verified resident' reviews are positive....very positive. Look at the 'Hawthorne at Southside" reviews. Compare the reviews with 'verified residents' with the 'residents'. Compare those reviews to the google reviews of the same place. It doesn't tell you about Weaverville location but it may about the company.

I'll let you draw your own conclusion as to what that means and how they do business.

Old 06-23-2018, 06:23 AM

Yeah, but it seems that no rental companies get stellar ratings.

4 months, nonsmoking and only 1yr old... I think we can deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina