Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2018, 08:40 PM

10 posts, read 10,857 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if all of connestee falls will get cable internet...looking at a house to buy on Udoque Ct that only has DSL service.
My fear is Comporium won't spend the money to finish hooking up all of Connestee Falls.
Thoughts from people who may have better information would be greatly appreciated...we just really love the area and home but this would be a big headache.
Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2019, 08:09 AM

13 posts, read 12,197 times
@Wisccheez88,

Did you end up buying a home in CFalls, and we're you able to obtain high speed internet through Comporium? We're also looking at CFalls, and are running into some of the same issues.

Thanks in advance

Old 01-01-2019, 08:33 AM

10 posts, read 10,857 times
We did buy into CF...so far, we have really liked albeit we have just moved in. Already, have met some really great people...
We are about as far out on the West as you can get but our Verizon cell service is very good...Just got Direct TV and all good with that...
Our options on internet still a problem but spoke with former owner of house. They had Comporium (DSL at 7mb) looks like best we can do at our location.
It should work for basic stuff like email, social media, etc. And Netflix(as long as you dont have a kid on xbox and somebody else on phone watching videos at same time)
Also, I'm confident this will be resolved within 18 months or less as it is #1 initiative of POA to get everyone "high speed" internet/cable.
New cell tower also being put in soon and down the road on Greenville hwy they just approved a 150 ft extension to existing tower...
Connectivity is going to be much better soon...

Old 01-02-2019, 01:11 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,966,853 times
I never had complaints about the DSL here before we went to cable, granted it's just me and the wife(can see how the DSL would suck with a couple kids trying to steam/play things all at the same time). We had the 7mb for a while and then the 9mb...rarely had a drop in service. It streamed Netflix just fine and I play multiplayer games on Xbox every now and then and had zero issues. I mean, yeah I get it's outdated, but like I said, for two people doing normal things on the internet, I wouldnt let it be a deal breaker.

Old 01-02-2019, 02:43 PM

@ Wcu25rs and Wisccheez88 Thanks for the info!

We're headed up that way next week.. Any suggestions as to the best winter route (40 through Black Mountain/ AVL, or Staton/ Dupont Rd, through Dupont Forest? We're driving up from the Outer Banks.

PS... @Wisccheez Congratulations on your new home!

Thanks in advance and HAPPY NEW YEAR

Old 01-03-2019, 10:39 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,966,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordwoodcroft View Post
@ Wcu25rs and Wisccheez88 Thanks for the info!

We're headed up that way next week.. Any suggestions as to the best winter route (40 through Black Mountain/ AVL, or Staton/ Dupont Rd, through Dupont Forest? We're driving up from the Outer Banks.

PS... @Wisccheez Congratulations on your new home!

Thanks in advance and HAPPY NEW YEAR
since you're coming from Outer Banks, easiest route would be to just take 40 to 26, to 280, into Brevard and hit 276 South. Either way, no winter weather on the horizon.

Old 01-03-2019, 12:45 PM

Thanks!

Old 09-15-2019, 07:20 PM

4 posts, read 2,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisccheez88 View Post
We did buy into CF...so far, we have really liked albeit we have just moved in. Already, have met some really great people...
We are about as far out on the West as you can get but our Verizon cell service is very good...Just got Direct TV and all good with that...
Our options on internet still a problem but spoke with former owner of house. They had Comporium (DSL at 7mb) looks like best we can do at our location.
It should work for basic stuff like email, social media, etc. And Netflix(as long as you dont have a kid on xbox and somebody else on phone watching videos at same time)
Also, I'm confident this will be resolved within 18 months or less as it is #1 initiative of POA to get everyone "high speed" internet/cable.
New cell tower also being put in soon and down the road on Greenville hwy they just approved a 150 ft extension to existing tower...
Connectivity is going to be much better soon...
Blog page on it. HTH
Broad Band Connectivity Expansion Coming To Connestee | Connestee Falls

Quote:
According to Whitmore, Comporium will undertake a major construction project, commencing this year, to install the fiber optic cable system throughout the newly serviced areas of Connestee Falls. The system will be fully operational by the end of 2020.

“It will be a fiber to the home infrastructure with a base speed of 200 mbps and premium options to receive up to 1 gbps,” said Whitmore. “So now the entire community will have access to broad band and the backbone will be in place for the future as internet connectivity and services continue to evolve.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina