Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 04:25 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,426,246 times

Advertisements

I grew up near Savannah; lived in Asheville for two decades. The summers were much more tolerable in WNC. Not nearly as humid as south Georgia. I miss the place really bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2019, 02:36 PM

24 posts, read 45,069 times
Hi Guys!
Lesbian couple in our 40s here, we just bought a house in Laurel Park (Hendersonville) with astounding mountian views. Check out this area for sure! Downtown Hendersonville is adorable with great breweries and restaurants, and the people are so nice and welcoming. We moved here from West Palm Beach for context

Old 05-20-2019, 12:13 AM

487 posts, read 466,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieComet View Post
Hi Guys!
Lesbian couple in our 40s here, we just bought a house in Laurel Park (Hendersonville) with astounding mountian views. Check out this area for sure! Downtown Hendersonville is adorable with great breweries and restaurants, and the people are so nice and welcoming. We moved here from West Palm Beach for context

Agree on Henderson county.

Old 06-11-2019, 04:53 AM

6 posts, read 7,514 times
Thanks everyone We are going to stay in Blowing Rock and Asheville for two weeks this August. We are going to do daily trips to start looking around

Old 06-11-2019, 04:41 PM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
I disagree with the assertion that Boone is all college kids. Appalachian State University employs around 4000 people and has nearly 2000 post-grads, many of whom are adult LGBT residents so there is bound to be some form of social networking available if desired.

Old 06-25-2019, 11:20 PM

487 posts, read 466,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieComet View Post
Hi Guys!
I would agree, Laurel Park or Village of Flat Rock.

Old 06-26-2019, 07:54 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Um. Yeah. I’m gay. I grew up in rural PA. Homophobia is still alive and well in this country. My own partner’s family disapproves of his “lifestyle choice”, and my parents sent me to a therapist to ungay me when I was 17.

Until our country becomes progressive enough to NOT hate those who are “different” those of us who are minorities will need to continue to be vigilant in seeking out areas of like-minded folks.

Old 08-31-2019, 04:07 PM

6 posts, read 7,514 times
We just spent two weeks in NC mountains and fell in love Highlands as well as Blowing Rock, The towns were beautiful and reminded us of our Local Winter Park, thanks for such wonderful hospitality

Old 09-03-2019, 02:37 PM

204 posts, read 202,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Guys View Post
We just spent two weeks in NC mountains and fell in love Highlands as well as Blowing Rock, The towns were beautiful and reminded us of our Local Winter Park, thanks for such wonderful hospitality
Glad to hear that you liked it up here! We moved close to Blowing Rock five years ago from the Raleigh NC area and never looked back! Went to Highlands on vacation earlier this year but I have to say that I like it better here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina