Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 11:29 AM

1,751 posts, read 1,350,980 times

Advertisements

Oh for the day that Pride events are not needed.

Old 06-22-2019, 11:47 AM

DLM2000, I just read the npr article about our event. Thanks for posting that. Really lovely. Here's an excerpt:

"...There are quite a few clergy members at the picnic. Another is Rev. Jerry Miller, whose son came out as gay four decades ago. At first, it wasn't easy for Miller to reconcile his faith with his son's identity.

"My wife and I basically went in the closet because I was a pastor of a Baptist church at that time. And I prayed that God would change my son someday," Miller says. "God didn't change him, he changed me."..."

Old 06-22-2019, 12:55 PM

4,605 posts, read 6,429,984 times
I love it that so many churches and synagogues today are flying pride flags and have lgbt welcoming messages on their boards. In most cities, religious groups make up a huge portion of Pride parades and vendors.

Old 06-22-2019, 12:57 PM

644 posts, read 670,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusinsusan View Post
DLM2000, I just read the npr article about our event. Thanks for posting that. Really lovely. Here's an excerpt:

"...There are quite a few clergy members at the picnic. Another is Rev. Jerry Miller, whose son came out as gay four decades ago. At first, it wasn't easy for Miller to reconcile his faith with his son's identity.

"My wife and I basically went in the closet because I was a pastor of a Baptist church at that time. And I prayed that God would change my son someday," Miller says. "God didn't change him, he changed me."..."
You're welcome! I know - that excerpt gave me chills. I totally understand people being apprehensive about something they don't know or understand first hand. And sometimes it takes being confronted with two diametrically opposed beliefs like homosexuality is wrong and I love my son before people open to change their thinking. We are all works in progress and the best thing we can do is acknowledge that and work with people where they are.

Old 06-23-2019, 09:46 AM

526 posts, read 460,130 times
Really I can not believe some, yet not one person here has condemned this kids dance in front of a group of men. The video is still findable on the net, while he was turning on a bunch of men there was one guy who walked up and put his junk right next to this kids face and at least one on here said let the kid dance.
Sorry if ya think this is OK as some have stated you are a pervert.

Old 06-23-2019, 01:40 PM

4,605 posts, read 6,429,984 times
So proud of Hendersonville

Old 06-23-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bear Hunter View Post
Really I can not believe some, yet not one person here has condemned this kids dance in front of a group of men. The video is still findable on the net, while he was turning on a bunch of men there was one guy who walked up and put his junk right next to this kids face and at least one on here said let the kid dance.
Sorry if ya think this is OK as some have stated you are a pervert.
Prove that he was turning on a bunch of men. Your problem is a child was in the midst of gays....and so you embellish. If a child was dancing at a het festival, would you feel the same? That he was "turning on" hets? (You know, where the pedos reside?)

Prove that a guy put his junk in the boy's face. And let's be clear here and recognize the height of a child hugging his/her father. What about that? You're freaking out for no reason, except you hate. Prove that something wrong happened.

Now. Picture a 10 year old flower girl at a wedding dancing with her father/uncle/grandfather. Problem? A boy dancing with his aunt, mother, neighbor. Problem? Where's their "junk" (lovely phrase, btw). It's all you can think about. Nobody else is. Doesn't even occur to us (PS: "us" is all the sane people out there...straight, gay, christian, athiest, you name it) But it does occur to homophobes, who must sexualize everything. That's gross. Jeeze us. A picnic in a park, and you come in a freak out.

You and you alone are thinking about "junk". You hear "gay" and go bananas. "They must all be perverts because they're not like me!!"

You are sisyphus, and for the rest of you life, because of your "....self-aggrandizing craftiness and deceitfulness"... you will be "...forced to roll an immense boulder up a hill only for it to roll down when it nears the top, repeating this action for eternity."

Lies. All lies. And on and on you will have to continue to roll, and we will push that rock back down (it's so easy, after all), and you'll have to start all over again.

Last edited by crusinsusan; 06-23-2019 at 05:18 PM..

Old 06-23-2019, 06:45 PM

2,064 posts, read 1,644,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusinsusan View Post
Prove that he was turning on a bunch of men. Your problem is a child was in the midst of gays....and so you embellish. If a child was dancing at a het festival, would you feel the same? That he was "turning on" hets? (You know, where the pedos reside?)

Prove that a guy put his junk in the boy's face. And let's be clear here and recognize the height of a child hugging his/her father. What about that? You're freaking out for no reason, except you hate. Prove that something wrong happened.

Now. Picture a 10 year old flower girl at a wedding dancing with her father/uncle/grandfather. Problem? A boy dancing with his aunt, mother, neighbor. Problem? Where's their "junk" (lovely phrase, btw). It's all you can think about. Nobody else is. Doesn't even occur to us (PS: "us" is all the sane people out there...straight, gay, christian, athiest, you name it) But it does occur to homophobes, who must sexualize everything. That's gross. Jeeze us. A picnic in a park, and you come in a freak out.

You and you alone are thinking about "junk". You hear "gay" and go bananas. "They must all be perverts because they're not like me!!"

You are sisyphus, and for the rest of you life, because of your "....self-aggrandizing craftiness and deceitfulness"... you will be "...forced to roll an immense boulder up a hill only for it to roll down when it nears the top, repeating this action for eternity."

Lies. All lies. And on and on you will have to continue to roll, and we will push that rock back down (it's so easy, after all), and you'll have to start all over again.
+1,000. To this and the post just above.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:27 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Mod note:

While I do not personally have issue with Pride Events and Parades (I fully support them), that's not why I'm posting now.

The thread derailed when the "think of the children" angle was introduced earlier on and the supposition was made that children dancing at a Pride event somehow made the adult participants into "perverts."

The reality is that adults are present at MANY events where children are dancing (often in scanty garments) and there are no threads about the adults in attendance being "perverts."

Examples include: dance recitals, school plays, pageants, and other types of parades. Oh.. and cheerleading competitions.

So, please keep this sort of thing in mind. Unless you plan never to let kids dance in public again, you need to examine your biases. Statistically, most pedophiles are heterosexual men, usually white, but that's because there are more white men in the US and those are US statistics.

Homosexuals are not any different than heterosexuals. They tend to be attracted to other ADULTS, not kids.

I hope those of you who attended the event had a nice time. Those who are incensed over it, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe if homosexuals were not still so heavily discriminated against in this country, they wouldn't need to throw Pride events anymore.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina