Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2023, 06:01 PM

1,456 posts, read 4,142,687 times

Advertisements

My father-in-law is jonesing for some specific fried pies that are (were?) apparently made in Asheville. Google gives me an address and a phone number and that's about it. I'll try the phone number tomorrow to see if somebody can point me in the right direction but in the meantime I thought I'd try here. How about it? Anyone know anything about Towne House? It doesn't look the address is a store or bakery on Google streetview, maybe just a residence where they're made or a mailing address for the business owner. So I'm thinking they sell them to stores/bakeries or such? Anyone in Asheville ever see these things or are they a thing of the past? I'm planning on going to Asheville one day next week and go look around a little but I'm hoping for either a starting point or to know it's just a wild goose chase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2023, 08:17 AM

156 posts, read 147,458 times
The sell them at the Mills River Creamery...

Old 03-04-2023, 07:48 AM

6,626 posts, read 4,293,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingFromLI View Post
The sell them at the Mills River Creamery...
Going to have to drop by and buy some. Tkx for the tip.

Old 03-05-2023, 06:26 AM

788 posts, read 783,933 times
I tend to see the Towne House pies in most of the privately owned "convenance stores ". Our general store down the street and when there restocked thy will have 50 or more little pies on hand with a variety of fruit fillings . There little different from the pies we had in a number of grab a go stores back in SW FL .

If there fresh be careful as they can or will fall apart on you and end up on the shirt or pants !!

Old 03-05-2023, 06:39 AM

5,451 posts, read 6,036,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
I tend to see the Towne House pies in most of the privately owned "convenance stores ". Our general store down the street and when there restocked thy will have 50 or more little pies on hand with a variety of fruit fillings . There little different from the pies we had in a number of grab a go stores back in SW FL .

If there fresh be careful as they can or will fall apart on you and end up on the shirt or pants !!

Can I safely assume this is coming from an experienced driver eating Fried Pies while driving!!! LOL

I guess the axiom here would be, "There are two types of people that eat and drive, those that have stained shirts and pants and those that WILL have stained shirts and pants."

Old 03-06-2023, 08:46 AM

788 posts, read 783,933 times
getatag You seem to be one more person that Assumes far to much . People that work might buy these for break time to go with there coffee like so many down the road that work for ALTEC as our general store also sells lots of sand witches to those same people that buy the pies after asking a clerk when I bought one to try but since I live only 3/10's of a mile away I tryed mine at home . So you must be one of your AXIOMS thru experience !!

I found it to be nothing special so it does seem like you might be the one with the experience of driving while eating something that spilled since YOU brought that up so you just Assumed others do the same !

Old 03-07-2023, 07:33 AM

5,451 posts, read 6,036,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
getatag You seem to be one more person that Assumes far to much . People that work might buy these for break time to go with there coffee like so many down the road that work for ALTEC as our general store also sells lots of sand witches to those same people that buy the pies after asking a clerk when I bought one to try but since I live only 3/10's of a mile away I tryed mine at home . So you must be one of your AXIOMS thru experience !!

I found it to be nothing special so it does seem like you might be the one with the experience of driving while eating something that spilled since YOU brought that up so you just Assumed others do the same !
You make a correct diagnosis Hardluk1, I have eaten many a fried pies while steering with my knees. I usually do as you do and carry the "delicacy' home for consumption, but sometimes the urge to eat overwhelms the little good sense I have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: