Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2008, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,392 times

Advertisements

and was wondering about job opps.

I'll be retiring in a few years and will be living in Waynesville on a permanent basis.
The town and surrounding area look beautiful.
Waynesvile itself, looks like it has enough stimulus to satisfy all my needs.
At this particular time in my life, I'm playing chauffeur.
It's easy and I can supplement my other incomes.
I also have skills as a chef, but would only want to work in a prep capacity in food service and not as a mechanic as a line cook.

Ahh, my question...what are the job opportunities like in Wayneville?
Be they what I mentioned above, or maybe I could deliver auto parts, etc...

Thanks for any input and where I might look jop opps in the area.

VB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 08:38 PM

518 posts, read 2,221,417 times
May not be the type of work you're looking for, but there soon will be a Super Wal-Mart and Home Depot in a big new shopping center on the edge of town. Those should create a lot of jobs.

Congratulations on your home purchase. Waynesville's a terrific place!

Last edited by chisoxfan; 07-18-2008 at 09:20 PM..

Old 07-19-2008, 03:36 PM

187 posts, read 1,021,203 times
This seems to be a favorite topic of mine, but I just have to ask...

You say you bought a home here, but you don't know what the job opportunities are like in this area? Assuming that work is important to you (I know that you said you would be retiring in a few years), wouldn't that be something you would research and know the answer to before you bought the house? Buying a house is a MAJOR decision to me, at least. If work isn't a critical thing for you, then maybe it wasn't something to be overly concerned about when you bought the house.

Not trying to be antagonistic, just curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina