U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2009, 05:08 PM

3 posts, read 6,129 times

Advertisements

Would appreciate any information on Bakersville please. It looks nice, still within and hour or less of Maggie Valley and great views of the mountains so it suits our cup of tea so to speak. However, what is the crime like? Is it a safe place to live? Also, I understand there is a wolf preserve and was wondering if anyone up there has or knows someone that has horses and if they have encountered problems. Thank you heaps!!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 06:22 PM

45,246 posts, read 92,357,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws4Jesus View Post
Would appreciate any information on Bakersville please. It looks nice, still within and hour or less of Maggie Valley and great views of the mountains so it suits our cup of tea so to speak. However, what is the crime like? Is it a safe place to live? Also, I understand there is a wolf preserve and was wondering if anyone up there has or knows someone that has horses and if they have encountered problems. Thank you heaps!!
hmmmm...not sure why you think you can get from Bakersville to Maggie Valley within an hour?? That's about a two hour trip actually. Both areas are lovely, though Maggie Valley is a bit of a tourist trap now.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:10 AM

3 posts, read 6,129 times
Oh wow, ok I didn't know about the 2 hour trip, I apologize. I was looking at the map and then mapquested it, (should have known better actually). Thank you for the information!!!
Have a great day!

Old 03-07-2010, 01:01 AM

2 posts, read 7,587 times
My wife and I are looking at moving to Bakersville in the near future. Moving out of the city and to a small town will be quite a change.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:09 AM

73 posts, read 257,299 times
We looked at some property near Bakersville about 7 or 8 years ago and had some friends move there. The friends were originally mid westerners and then moved to Florida before moving up there. They said it took a long time for the local folks to warmup to them, which is different than most areas up there. Land was cheap, however. The town seemed a little depressed with a lot of closed store fronts.

Don't know what it is like today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina