Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 05:52 PM

10,073 posts, read 7,754,937 times

Advertisements

Ok, we ended up eating at La Stradas at Lake Lure. We absolutely loved that place. The view of the lake and the food were out of this world. I would highly recommend this place to anyone. YUM!!! The wait staff was very accommodating and friendly. A+

Thanks everyone for your replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 08:41 PM

758 posts, read 2,286,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenzx2 View Post
Curious about your take on Vincenzo's, Parkies. We ate there last spring (2008), and had an EXCELLENT dinner! But there was an announcement on each table that they were going to allow cigar smoking beginning at 9 PM each night starting that weekend. So that was the end for us. That nasty smoke just doesn't go away, and I can't imagine eating in a building that allows it. What was your experience (or are you cigar smokers... LOL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Parkies View Post
We can hardly wait to dine at Vincenzo's now to find out how they hold down the cigar smell all day but allow it by night. Maybe they know something hotels don't... If it stinks when we walk in, we'll walk out. If enough people walk out, they'll change the new policy.
WAIT. I checked this info out with a close Italian friend who frequents Vincenzo's. His reply: I understand that they do have cigar smoking in the downstairs bistro after nine pm. There is no smoking of any kind permitted in the dining room upstairs at any time. I prefer to dine upstairs because of the ambience, anyway. As always, the food is excellent and the service is normally very good. We ate there several weeks ago with my cousin, and experienced the best that they have to offer.

So I'd like to correct the impression I helped make. I don't think there's cigar smell upstairs in the dining room--only downstairs in the bar area and even then only after 9:00 PM.

Bill and I have enjoyed Vincenzo's several times with no complaints. We wouldn't go there if we were in a hurry, but that would apply to any fine restaurant. We go to Vincenzo's to be pampered, to linger, to savor genuine Italian food well prepared and brought by amiable servers. You pay for all that, but you also get what you pay for, in our experience.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:08 PM

8 posts, read 15,728 times
Default Good food

For a quick lunch in black mountain you cant go wrong with my fathers pizza, its cheap and the food is great. Also you might like to look into the veranda cafe on cherry street, not exactly "fancy" more like good iced tea and a turnkey bacon club on cranberry bread :-P
For dinner i recommend Madisons Restaurant in Ridgecrest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina