Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2010, 06:26 AM

177 posts, read 973,036 times

Advertisements

You know, it's bad enough that the Sunday morning news on WLOS is a repeat from Saturday night, but the weather is also repeated from Saturday night. With the snow and ice being an issue lately (I have to drive in it to go to work) I'd like to see the forecast for the day. All we get is Saturday's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2010, 10:14 AM

451 posts, read 1,567,358 times
Default Weather News

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrich View Post
You know, it's bad enough that the Sunday morning news on WLOS is a repeat from Saturday night, but the weather is also repeated from Saturday night. With the snow and ice being an issue lately (I have to drive in it to go to work) I'd like to see the forecast for the day. All we get is Saturday's.
In Western N.C. we always go to Ray's Weather Center. College professor at Appalachian that is the Bible for weather for us in the High Country. Check out his website. He gives several days as what to expect. To check on road conditions, check highway patrol, but for local neighborhood roads, I check with neighbors if I think someone knows. If there is ice, just be late.Good luck and stay safe.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:18 AM

1,379 posts, read 3,926,229 times
Ray's Weather Center - Home - raysweather.com

Old 02-14-2010, 02:38 PM

958 posts, read 2,625,182 times
I've said for a long time, WLOS is about the poorest produced news I've ever seen. Smaller markets have better production and news presentation/gathering. It's too bad it's about the only choice for WNC, as the other stations in the region focus mostly on the upstate.

Old 02-14-2010, 03:07 PM

692 posts, read 1,709,060 times
WLOS is only concerned about revenue. If you were here during the big floods, the biggest in 100 years, thier lead story was not on the floods but a side show woman at the so-called mountain state fair, who is height-challenged (PC for little person) and her tiny house on a trailer. This was done by hard hitting reporter J. Lee, who is absolutely worthless as a reporter. Go WLOS Go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina