Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2010, 11:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,282 times

Advertisements

I live in southern Mississippi in hurricane zone and want to move my family to western North Carolina or East Tennessee. Can you give me some insight on the areas of
1. Johnson City, TN
2. Boone, NC
3. Blowing Rock, NC
4. Knoxville, TN
5. Surrounding areas

Important interests:
1. Schools- jr. high, high school, and elementary
2. Fire depts
3. Hospitals-I am a Registered Nurse
4. Activities for families
5. Weather conditions...snow
6. Shopping
7. Housing market
8. Jobs

I have visited Banner Elk, NC and I am aware this is a beautiful place but seems more like a place of vacation then home.
Any suggestions welcomed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 10:35 AM

13 posts, read 33,369 times
Default western nc

I'm a realtor in western NC Polk County area. I'm not familiar with Tennessee places but know Boone and Blowing Rock. Just curious how you chose those two? Liking snow would be a requirement. Boone's a college town, Blowing Rock more touristy.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:16 AM

121 posts, read 277,940 times
I think from the list you provided you might want to do a little research on Johnson City. The price points are good, you have access to several recreational lakes, there is a university, hospital and the town is growing and shows all the signs of being a great town to live in. Think Asheville 15years ago. Not to mention the climate is not nearly as rough as Boone and Blowing Rock can be. However, those locales are not that far away for skiing and winter activities.
Brian

Old 03-12-2010, 05:40 PM

2 posts, read 2,268 times
I am also interested in any information about relocating to western North Caroline. I am a married mother of two girls - one is going to high school and the other is still in elementary school. We are thinking of moving to Western North Carolina because of a job opportunity but want to carefully select the best town to raise two girls. Any help would be appreciated as well. Thank you.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:42 PM

2 posts, read 2,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroupek View Post
I'm a realtor in western NC Polk County area. I'm not familiar with Tennessee places but know Boone and Blowing Rock. Just curious how you chose those two? Liking snow would be a requirement. Boone's a college town, Blowing Rock more touristy.
What would be your suggestion of possible places in western North Carolina. I am a married mother of two girls (high school and elementary school) and we may be moving due to a job opportunity. Any help would be appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina