Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2010, 11:33 AM

2 posts, read 7,219 times

Advertisements

We are moving and are looking at Andover, Derby and Mulvane areas. We are not really sure which school is better. Education is important to us and would like to hear what others have to say about these schools. All aspects of the schools would be nice elementary through high school. We would like to stay in public schools but private schools are not out of the option. Thanks for any feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2010, 05:08 PM

106 posts, read 581,251 times
It seems no one is able to answer you now....I don't have too much information, except I do know people who looked over the choices carefully and ended up choosing Andover schools--evenb tho they bought a house in the Wichita city limits--apparently the school district boundaries slop over into Wichita city proper. Be careful not to be in the Wichita school system. I vaguely hear that both Derby and Mulvane are good, too...hopefully someone else can elaboratel!

Old 12-06-2010, 08:27 PM

145 posts, read 609,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennF View Post
We are moving and are looking at Andover, Derby and Mulvane areas. We are not really sure which school is better. Education is important to us and would like to hear what others have to say about these schools. All aspects of the schools would be nice elementary through high school. We would like to stay in public schools but private schools are not out of the option. Thanks for any feedback.

I lived in Derby in the early 90's and the schools were great! Swaney Elementary helped my learning disabled daughter. Check out the Kansas State Board of Education building report card. http://svapp15586.ksde.org/rcard/cou...px?cnty_no=087

I lived in Andover in 2003-2009. My son went to Andover Central High. It was a good school lots of rich kids tho... plan to spend money if you want your kids to keep up. I moved to Topeka for the past year and put my youngest in a Catholic school. We are now having to move back and plan to move to Derby. We are putting her in the Catholic school there at St Mary's. (Tuition is about 3700 a year if not a Catholic - free if you are) The catholic schools rate the highest in the state. However, you will not go wrong with Derby, Andover schools not sure about Mulvane.. heard it was a little clicky and small town(if you haven't lived there for long... ) Of the three, I would choose Derby over Andover and Mulvane. The reason is Derby has a better recreational system. It has a nice Rec Center with lots of available activities not just sports. Andover has the newest and largest YMCA in the state. Not sure about Mulvane.. small town rec like soccer and baseball, softball, etc.. Although Andover just built a new library it is kinda of out of the way. The library is AWESOME in Derby. They have a new water park. I am moving back on January 1st to Derby. Feel free to PM me and we can share notes. In Andover, we lived out near the new Dillions but Derby had a Super Walmart, Target, Kohls, Lowes, more restuarants, etc.. Andover- NOTHING.. plan on driving 10-15 minutes into Wichita to shop and eat. I think Derby overall has the "total package" over Andover.

Last edited by geekychick; 12-06-2010 at 08:37 PM..

Old 02-21-2011, 08:52 PM

186 posts, read 1,061,448 times
We currently live in Derby and have for almost 3 years. Schools are also very important to us. We love the Derby schools. I recommend contacting the schools to tour so you can get a feel for it yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita