Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 09:25 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,470,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Hard majors make wayyyy better than that. The young guy we hired 5 years ago is probably making around $60/hour with a bachelors degree.

Stop majoring in garbage soft majors and you will make better money. It's supply and demand.

It does not effect me, my family is super wealthy. I am just saying for the average Joe sucks for them, I know a lot of college graduates working for 10-15 an hour because of a weak job market, and not everyone can be a Doctor, Lawyer and CEO, we have to have good paying jobs for all people if you want a balanced economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 09:45 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
It does not effect me, my family is super wealthy. I am just saying for the average Joe sucks for them, I know a lot of college graduates working for 10-15 an hour because of a weak job market, and not everyone can be a Doctor, Lawyer and CEO, we have to have good paying jobs for all people if you want a balanced economy.
1) I never said it affected you. I'm happy for you that a wealthy family has landed you in a good paying job....which is entirely moot. Seen Foxcatcher?

2) You went to a sports college. Nobody is lining up to give good jobs in what you peripherally admit to being soft majors from schools like that.

You have some great athletics and mediocre academics. Don't walk around bragging about the former while ignoring reality that academically....especially in soft majors....who really is beating down the door to hire those people?

Old 04-17-2015, 12:45 PM

439 posts, read 522,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Wow. After your host of grammatical errors you went that route?

Sorry to say but genius is a relative term so maybe they are correct even if they are of average intelligence?
Wow another genious, but at least, this one knows Grammar.

Old 04-17-2015, 01:48 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,605,159 times
I lived in Wichita 1997-1998.

After having lived in a variety of cities, towns and rural places in 13 different states I always tell everyone who asks, that:

The very worst place I ever lived in my entire life was Wichita, Kansas.

The very very very worst.

It had nothing to do with the size and location, but everything to do with the sociocultural conditions that existed in Wichita when I lived there.

Here's hoping that in 2015 it is slightly better!

Last edited by 601halfdozen0theother; 04-17-2015 at 02:29 PM..

Old 04-17-2015, 03:36 PM

552 posts, read 1,056,256 times
Someone needs to do a Youtube Tripadvisor on Wichita.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=115&v=OVJzC8c32Lg

Old 04-22-2015, 04:39 PM

152 posts, read 208,926 times
This place went wrong...

People moving here to work are being ruined. There is no unemployment, just numerous companies hiring every 6 months to replace someone the company ruined. Some of the women had to submit to sex with office monster just to keep a roof over head & end up bearing children that were taken away when Mother was declared crazy & locked up. Some of the white middle class men in Wichita brag this.

Some of the churches have turned to extreme torture of unwanted people, stalking them, harassed at home or work and even having some of their folks try to find a way to screw them out of their job or get them sued for anything...It is SHOCKING how badly some of the big businesses in Wichita are run anyway with almost no regard for customers or workers....one cannot survive on the shockingly low pay for trained workers any longer either. If you try any of these wrong churches, their psycho members were hunting some people down 5+ years later & loudly & rudely verbally harass people who were out with business or coworkers.

More than one car dealer has RUINED vehicles of anyone, especially new to town. Public transit in Wichita is barely usable for first shift and NEVER goes out to any of the suburbs. Victim has to finance a new car as full coverage insurance and car shop policy usually deny it for years after first trip to Wichita car dealer service department blows your engine off or transmission drops out. Many who decided to leave town, even if they had little children, had to leave on the greyhound bus.

Cops and courts here just ruined the victims of the monsters & sex abusers. Whole state of Kansas covered Wichita & KC scams as all the police investigation records were sealed to cover 30+ year sex abuse scam in Wichita that claimed to kill a few people, hunt for children, sexually assault some at parties and harm old people in nursing homes. All the other monsters moved here to enjoy the offerings. Some of the wealthies who moved her brag about owning the black people and cops....Crimes happen when necessary is the claim of some of the wealthy church goers.

I would skip Wichita for anything. Years and years ago kids from Wichita were warned that this area would eventually destroy everything that set foot in it and trapped it here as there is no way to run a city this dirty.

Old 04-23-2015, 06:42 PM

697 posts, read 1,775,543 times
Once again, (and again, and again...) most of what is being said above makes no sense.

I am sure there are some bad eggs around, it's a city of ~400,000, there are going to be some bad people. That said, the vast majority of people have been extremely friendly here, I find the people I work with (at multiple facilities) here even friendlier than where I came from, which I considered a pretty friendly place. The city is actively working to improve itself through trying to diversify its economy, encourage tech/innovation, and is investing in downtown, the arts, and parks, and festivals.... None of that fits the strange and depressing image being painted with some of the posts above.

I have a distinct impression that most of the people saying horribly negative things here have no idea what it's really like anywhere else of a comparable size or were born and raised here and want to get out. Nothing wrong with that, but most of what is being said just isn't true, or at least is nowhere near as widespread/the norm as it is being made out to be.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:19 AM

12 posts, read 16,445 times
Do any of you Wichita natives recommend an area that has a country type setting where you have a few acres in between houses? I have an opportunity in Wichita but would like to have a little elbow room. Thanks ahead of time

Old 08-03-2015, 07:29 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sq Body View Post
Do any of you Wichita natives recommend an area that has a country type setting where you have a few acres in between houses? I have an opportunity in Wichita but would like to have a little elbow room. Thanks ahead of time
Few acres between houses? How far are you willing to commute if you'll be working in Wichita? Wichita is surrounded by rural area. Are you planning to buy or rent and what is your budget?

Old 08-03-2015, 08:26 AM

698 posts, read 587,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sq Body View Post
Any of the suburban towns are going to have housing like that available nearby. Check out places like Andover, Derby, Mulvane, Rose Hill, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita