Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 06:49 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modron View Post
Talking about anything other than directions frequently results in Wichitans getting mad and mean. They cannot stand views unlike their own which they never question themselves. The number of people who've ever found a true friend here, one they can truly share their thoughts and feelings with borders on zero.
People are pretty much the same no matter where you go. Some are good, others are evil. Some are nice, some are nasty. Some are honest and some are liars. I have lived in Wichita, KC, small town Oklahoma, Dallas, Seattle, Chicago and Atlanta and people are pretty much the same everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 10:38 AM

14 posts, read 67,668 times
Recently moved to Wichita from a big suburban area outside Detroit Michigan. We love Wichita and here's some of our favorite things to do:

Eat out. I have never in my life seen so many restaurants and so many good ones at that!

Go to the Sedgewick County Zoo. Even if we didn't have a 3 year old, we'd go all the time. Its a great zoo...set up wonderfully and just the right size. We even bought an annual pass (something we have never in our life done for anything!)

Exploration Place....Its a nice museum, but my favorite thing is the nicely manicured paths and sidewalks surrounding it on the river, including the Indian statue (Keeper of the Plains). We love to take our daughter there and just walk on the bridge.

Nice parks.....from College Hill Park to Watson Park (they have train and pony rides and paddleboats my daughter loves). Riverside park is nice too.

Old Town. Good restaurants, The Warren Theatre, the sprinklers in the square for kids to run through, a wine bar with live music on weekends, a gelato place....it's just a nice place in my opinion.

One of the greatest things about Wichita I think, is how close everything is. You can get from one end of Wichita to the other in under 30 minutes. Shopping is close, jobs are close, no traffic jams. We feel our quality of life has gone up since moving here and we think it's a great place to raise a family! No it's hardly paradise, it has it's faults, but overall it's a great place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita
View detailed profiles of: