Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Do You Most HATE About Wichita?
The Weather 5 11.90%
The Traffic 3 7.14%
The Schools 0 0%
The Crime/Emergency Services 2 4.76%
The Schools 0 0%
Housing Options 2 4.76%
Higher Education/Colleges 1 2.38%
Decent Paying Jobs - Lack Of 7 16.67%
Parks and Recreation 1 2.38%
Culture and Nightlife 10 23.81%
Government And Taxes 6 14.29%
Medical care/Hospitals 0 0%
Other 5 11.90%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 10:24 AM

378 posts, read 1,621,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChrista View Post
The thing i hate about Wichita is there IS NOTHING TO DO! I chose Culture and Nightlife on the poll! So i definitely agree with this statement...
Surely you saw my /sarcasm. Surely you visited the links I posted.

Oh nevermind...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 06:44 AM

44 posts, read 168,092 times
To many *******s in Wichita. Most of the people wont even say hi to you. The nightlife is alright if you stay away from oldtown. If I want to go to a club I tend to go to OKC or Springfield to party for the weekend. Mite be a little bit of a drive but, it is worth it to me.

Old 07-05-2010, 10:52 PM

2 posts, read 6,164 times
the problem with Wichita is that it has all the potential to be a really great place to live (i.e. Madison WI), as far as it's central location within the US; it has decent weather (four distinct seasons) but so many people here are so conservative and tight that the city will never amount to anything but a place where you can raise a family and watch your kids play baseball. Wichita is full of close minded people who want to stay in their protective little conservative, restrictive bubbles, they will shoot down any opportunities for change or improvement. The new DT arena was fought about, and griped over and nobody wanted it, and now look the entertainment it brings. As a result, progression and culture in this city will never be sustained. Any improvements will happen because they are force fed, just like the arena. I give up on this one horse town, just counting down till I can get the hell out!!

Old 07-05-2010, 11:12 PM

398 posts, read 993,998 times
^ It astonishes me how people will bump up a thread that has been dormant for 6 months to a year with an inane, meaningless comment such as the one above. The person claims they "give up" on Wichita, but I bet they never contributed anything to make the city a better place. Probably just sat on their butt and ridiculed others.

Another thing is how does this person who just created an account today, for whom this is their first post, already have a reputation of 10? I have been here since 2008, made 22 posts and only have a reputation of 17. Either there are a bunch of negative nancy's lurking here repping up the negativity or this person is repping their own comment with sockpuppets.

Yeah, so if you hate Wichita so much my advice is go find that perfect place where you want to move and go make comments in their forum not here. There is enough negativity in the world already.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:53 AM

75 posts, read 172,292 times
Witchita is an armpit with the most violent and extreme weather in the country, and a population so backwards that they're just now learning wrangler jeans are out of style.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:22 PM

822 posts, read 2,047,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeStater View Post
^ It astonishes me how people will bump up a thread that has been dormant for 6 months to a year with an inane, meaningless comment such as the one above. The person claims they "give up" on Wichita, but I bet they never contributed anything to make the city a better place. Probably just sat on their butt and ridiculed others.

Another thing is how does this person who just created an account today, for whom this is their first post, already have a reputation of 10? I have been here since 2008, made 22 posts and only have a reputation of 17. Either there are a bunch of negative nancy's lurking here repping up the negativity or this person is repping their own comment with sockpuppets.

Yeah, so if you hate Wichita so much my advice is go find that perfect place where you want to move and go make comments in their forum not here. There is enough negativity in the world already.
I think they start out with a rating of 10. Why, I have no idea.

I, too, have noticed the frequency with which these one-post wonders show up in this forum and as I've said before, I would be curious to know how many originate from the same internet address. I mean, who chooses a screen name of 'kansassucks' except a troll?

Old 07-08-2010, 04:42 PM

1,134 posts, read 3,190,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBaum View Post
Traffic / Street Repairs and Crime seem to be never ending.
Either this is a joke or you've only been to Wichita and Lawrence in your life.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:43 PM

1,134 posts, read 3,190,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citypoot View Post
Witchita is an armpit with the most violent and extreme weather in the country, and a population so backwards that they're just now learning wrangler jeans are out of style.
Good call on a city you can't even spell correctly. Try looking at the weather in OKC if you think "Witchita" has it bad. They've had more snow, tornadoes, flooding and major hailstorms in the last few months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita