Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2011, 01:08 PM

3 posts, read 10,465 times

Advertisements

Going to Williston to work and cant find a place to park my 5th wheel. Anybody point me in the right direction or be willing to rent out their drive way, or work something out? Army VET, quiet and just looking to work. RV parks are full up with no end in sight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 05:01 PM

979 posts, read 3,669,556 times
http://rv-parks.getrv.com/?searchBy=...=park&a=search

Have you tried Prairie Acres? (just west of williston a couple miles)...they are not open during the winter months, but I'm guessing will be opening back up for the season soon? Also read where someone in Epping (a few miles north east of Williston) is building an RV park, but am not sure who or what it is called.

I believe the city of Williston has cracked down on people renting out driveways...too many complaints from neighbors, etc... which I guess I don't blame the neighbors who have to deal with extra traffic and vehicles in the streets, etc... but many farmers are renting out on the outskirts...again...not sure who you contact, but the last time I was up in Williston a few weeks ago, I saw many farmsteads with campers and vehichles parked next to them.

You might try this Epping RV park...it is probably full as well, but they might be able to direct you to the person in Epping who plans on building one there.

http://epping.govoffice.com/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC=

Old 03-17-2011, 07:01 PM

581 posts, read 2,215,280 times
Try Prairie Acres. They aren't open yet but I'm sure there are people on the waiting list.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:26 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,001 times
Try local churches as well. I know that the LDS parking lot has someone living in it.

Old 03-17-2011, 10:33 PM

yeah I called prarie acres. hopefully they get back to me and or open soon. I will be driving out in a week or so to "scout it out" and probably will be going door to door looking to work something out with a friendly local. Thanks

Old 03-18-2011, 06:16 PM

Prairie Acres owner is far from friendly....

Just a heads up.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:32 PM

6 posts, read 14,246 times
check out the HUD VASH Program if you are homeless- they have some vouchers for vets to get section 8 housing- they may be able to help you get housed in an affordable place.
HUDNo.2010-06-03/U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)

Call the Fargo VA for info.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:29 PM

thanks infinity for the suggestion but im not homeless. im willing to relocate to work, thats all. Perhaps I threw you off when i said I am a vet. But remember infinity not all vets are homeless, and not all vets went to nam .....

Old 03-20-2011, 09:22 AM

Check out The Shopper Inc., - Classifieds: Help Wanted, Real Estate & More - Williston, North Dakota. We're not your average newspaper!. The current paper has an ad for rv parking 40 miles from Williston. (in Grenora, i think) With summer coming the 40 mile drive won't be so bad, but this winter it wouldn't have bee very easy 2x per day. Good luck.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:44 PM

6 posts, read 14,246 times
no, you threw me off when you said you were looking for a place to park your rv- that is what indicated maybe homeless to me. And the VASH program has nothing to do with Nam. Just trying to be helpful.

Melanie (married to a not-homeless not-nam vet)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston