Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 11:45 AM

4,149 posts, read 3,903,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahia View Post
Hi, I'm brazilian and there is a chance to know and spend my vacation in Williston in winter! Anyone can tell me about the city? What has there for fun? What about the people? thanks.
Not sure how much there is to do in Williston in the winter but I have heard the swimming pools are not real crowded.

Jasper Hobbs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 12:52 PM

287 posts, read 688,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
Not sure how much there is to do in Williston in the winter but I have heard the swimming pools are not real crowded.

Jasper Hobbs
those are not crowed , those are frozen LOL

Old 11-19-2011, 08:27 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times
Or actually not living in your car.....the police are not allowing ppl to camp, park in walmart parking lot anymore.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:41 AM

My Son told me, there are ppl selling acres at 1,000,000.00 if there anywhere near williston. and they are selling. listen to smokey, please. we have ppl who just recently drove up, and are starting threads about not being eligible for hiring, no place to live. And we have ppl telling they have a hotel to drive to paid by company. The differance seems to be preparation.....Having made contacts, been offered job prior to coming. Not just showing up. But we also have those few, show up, next posting it is should I take this job offer, or this job offer. Bottomline, it may be the biggest Gamble of your life, No housing, freezing temps.....Just saying.....

Old 11-19-2011, 08:45 AM

In ND you get your CDL taken away for life w/ a DUI. Maybe check NDDOT for the for sure answers, before you leave your job there.

Old 11-21-2011, 02:34 PM

98 posts, read 208,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra dweller View Post
She's wasting her time, but whatever. Posting a silly disclaimer does not free you of any responsibility, it merely acts as a deterrent. To think that the "authorities are taking notice" is about as idiotic a statement as I've seen on the internet in awhile. Nobody on here is insisting that people need to go live in their cars in sub-freezing temperatures. They are simply telling them that if they do, they need to be safe and have a backup plan.

It's called common sense.
I agree. The "authorities" aren't "taking notice" of actual crimes committed in their own cities, much less Internet forum postings. If you offer an opinion on the Internet, it's simply that: an opinion. Unless you are a trained professional and you are using the authority that you are deriving from that position to espouse beliefs as facts, you are simply expressing your views concerning a particular situation. What people do with your opinion is almost always beyond your control.

If people are foolish enough to "brave" the North Dakota winters in anything other than a permanent shelter that is constructed specifically for survival in subzero temperatures, then they are risking their own lives and they are making the decision to do so for themselves. For them to attempt to later "blame" others for their poor decisions is spurious and would almost certainly be treated as such by any court in the US.

No, I'm not an attorney.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:33 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,710,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
My Son told me, there are ppl selling acres at 1,000,000.00 if there anywhere near williston. and they are selling. listen to smokey, please. we have ppl who just recently drove up, and are starting threads about not being eligible for hiring, no place to live. And we have ppl telling they have a hotel to drive to paid by company. The differance seems to be preparation.....Having made contacts, been offered job prior to coming. Not just showing up. But we also have those few, show up, next posting it is should I take this job offer, or this job offer. Bottomline, it may be the biggest Gamble of your life, No housing, freezing temps.....Just saying.....
I think your son heard wrong. This is not difficult to confirm. Simply look on Craigslist or realtor.com. Land appears to be selling anywhere from $10k-$100k an acre, even within the city limits. Someone has a 10 acre lot in Waterford City for $100k. I'm still confused on the housing issue, as there are even reasonably priced houses still available in Williston. I don't think housing/lots are the issue. I think people just want temporary living and aren't will to buy there. I can't blame them. Even if the prices are reasonable, they're still above the normal stable range. Never good to buy in the upper part of a boom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston