Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 10:15 PM

81 posts, read 234,929 times

Advertisements

Just a thread to assist those that are going to be relocating to Williston, ND with information frome those who have relocated there recently. Base your responses on a few questions, and add any additional helpful information.

1. Did you apply online/through mail or in person? If you applied in person, did you get hired the same day?

2. What state did you relocate from?

3. Did your company provide housing, or did you bring a camper or other arrangements?

4. How are you liking or why are you not liking the relocation?

Add any addtional information that may assist others in relocating to Williston, ND.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 11:01 AM

2,036 posts, read 1,604,422 times
My experience in Williston:

Applied in person, was told to come back later in the day and got hired as an oil rig laborer. Relocated from Michigan(from one cold state to another, lol). Got into a mancamp, still looking for a more suitable place though. Neutral about liking/disliking it because while the scenery is good, on the other hand the living/working conditions could be better. Oil field life isn't for everyone.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:16 AM

6 posts, read 29,897 times
1. Did you apply online/through mail or in person? If you applied in person, did you get hired the same day?
Went to employers office, filled out the application, came back next morning to interview with manager then got hired for oil field work.

2. What state did you relocate from?
Arkansas

3. Did your company provide housing, or did you bring a camper or other arrangements?
Brought camper

4. How are you liking or why are you not liking the relocation?
Generally not liking to live in a camper. If you can"t stand very cold temperatures outside, don't waste your time.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:21 AM

1,368 posts, read 3,217,507 times
Talking Just a comment

It isn't even cold yet. Temperatures are still on the + side of zero for all 24 hours.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:33 AM

6 posts, read 29,897 times
No kidding, was referring to how cold its going to be in the upcoming winter months. It has already been in the 20's on some mornings.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:38 PM

81 posts, read 202,744 times
Hey all I just came to williston today. Its insane how many people are in the walmart parking lot. Walmart shelves are empty. Its crazy

Old 09-25-2011, 10:39 PM

81 posts, read 234,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimka03 View Post
Hey all I just came to williston today. Its insane how many people are in the walmart parking lot. Walmart shelves are empty. Its crazy
Keep everyone updated, and let us know how everything works out!!!

Old 09-25-2011, 10:58 PM

979 posts, read 3,669,108 times
National Public Radio on Williston Boom and the US oil boom

NPR Media Player

Old 09-26-2011, 06:36 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimka03 View Post
I went to WalMart yesterday... not the worst I've ever seen it. That was an average Sunday. When all the college students moved up here - that was the worst weekend I've seen there. It was a nightmare.

I go to Albertsons or Economart whenever possible.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:19 AM

25 posts, read 67,951 times
how about posting PAY,,

hours worked,, average..

thanks great thread!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston