Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 12:29 AM

11 posts, read 25,238 times

Advertisements

Lisan23 please explain how a person smoking pot 1.2.3 days before going to work would danger anybody? Get educated & back to reaility
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 12:46 AM

11 posts, read 25,238 times
Roloft, you r wrong , some of the best hands ive worked with smoked pot in THIER HOME! Work was 12 hrs. aday. 10 on 5 off.None ever smoked on the job. Yet alot would come to work hung over, thats the only time they were less productive. And no they didnt take time off.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:57 AM

941 posts, read 1,914,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charge View Post
Wow! Thanks for all the replies.. really appreciate it guys!

Well.. I think I am just going to gamble and go out to North Dakota in search of oil work. I have a college degree..not that that matters probably. My urine test will be fine.. but from my research even from just one time with Marijuana it will show in my hair (forever until that hair is cut off I beleive). So I am going to have to find a company who only does urine for the first 1.5 months or so.

I agree that drug testing may/can be used for other info besides illicit drugs (i.e. prescription like paxil like someone mentioned). In that sense.. I am against it, but I would have to say if I was a business owner, I would drug test. I think people deserve a second chance..but thats what this 90 day thing is with hair. Getting high on the job is bad in every way. It may not be dangerous if your working at a computer.. but your work will suffer etc.. That's just my opinion.

I don't have stats to back up this statement..but drug users are more likely to steal, and to perform badly or inconsistently. Heavy drug users may do their job just FINE when they are high on whatever, heroin, pot, meth, but when the money runs out and the drugs are gone they suffer physically and mentally therefore work quality suffers. I have seen this personally..but my experience is limited to a few individuals I guess.
You know I did not see this thread when I was looking for similar info. But the same thing my husband smoked a joint once(he is not a pot smoker at all) and he had to take a hair test 3 months after the day he smoked and it did not show up on his test. From what I read it can depend on hair also, have no idea why. It also seems it shows up more so on hair tests where they are regualr users., from what I read.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:53 PM

1 posts, read 3,595 times
Does any know what kind of drug test kinder morgan do?

Old 05-14-2015, 12:13 PM

708 posts, read 721,324 times
Velvet Jones,
NO one is making you work for a company that drug tests. What you are not aware of most companies in the
oilfield do not have a choice to drug test or not. They are mandated by their customers to have a drug testing
policy to work for them. So drug testing no revenue, no revenue no jobs. It is that simple.

Old 05-15-2015, 10:47 AM

1,870 posts, read 1,901,488 times
While I love debating whether currently illegal narcotic should be decriminalized and whether employers have the right to discriminate against drug users, or even for alcohol or tobacco, this thread is about what kind of tests employers are doing to look for drug use and how long till one is clean.

The prohibition arguments should be left to the "Controversies" forum or in a state forum where the state might be considering whether to make something like pot legal for recreational or medical purposes.

Old 05-16-2015, 05:48 AM

1,096 posts, read 1,047,151 times
Marijuana flushes out of your pee much faster than it does out of your hair.
Also, pee tests are much cheaper than hair tests, and are more common than hair tests. For instance, the Army does pee tests, not hair tests. But it will do lots of random pee tests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston