Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 05:47 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalsfinest View Post
Hey hey hey..... Guess who's back.... Sorry everyone for the long delay but I'm back.... I been working on an oil rig so I pretty much have no life what's so ever. I hope everyone I talked to is doing well and prospering up here.... Also, I have every limb and joint still attached to me body.
OMG I have to admit I have been worried..Glad things are good for you. Hope you are making tons of money!! Quite a few of us have asked over the last few mths if you were ok, so many stories about folks just disappearing. Again, thanks for the update....Glad you are good. Have you gotten home a few times to visit?? Keep us posted as you can. Good to hear from you on here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 07:01 PM

6 posts, read 8,876 times
I know this thread is a little old, but if you see this SoCal can you update on the job situation out there? Is it going to get crazy again with the new USGS oil estimates?

Thanks in advance...

Old 07-24-2013, 04:46 AM

6 posts, read 6,886 times
SoCal,

Your story is inspiring!, I’ve recently put in my 2 weeks at my job in fargo, and am heading that way. Armed only with the information from this forum. And a determined attitude. Any leads on entry level positions would be appreciated. I’m looking to work my but off 70+ hours/week for the best money possible. going to check out western patroleum in tioga per your recommendation

i hope i can do as well as you have.

Last edited by spicke2013; 07-24-2013 at 05:21 AM..

Old 07-24-2013, 05:46 PM

6 posts, read 8,876 times
I made it out here myself spicke. I just started at a trucking company this week. Almost 40 hours in three days so far. Do you have a CDL? If so you will be scooped up immediately. If not dont worry.

Make it a point to stop in every oil related business you see on the side of the road. Nearly everyone of them has a sign outside wanting people. If they say they want someone with more experience (if you don't have any) then ask if they know anyone who will hire less experienced people. There are lots of companies that do. This tactic works wonders.

If you must take a job at a place that doesn't give you quite the pay you were hoping for it will at least get you experience AND most importantly plug you in to a network of people who are all wanting to make moves higher up on the pay scale. They have very valuable information so remember to network constantly.

Best of luck to you.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:25 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,849,616 times
Glad to discover that socalsfinest found employment out there! Good for him. Good luck to all that are planning to go out there and find work!

-Cheers!

Old 07-25-2013, 07:51 AM

6 posts, read 6,886 times
Thanks for the tip jjpeters. that's what i'll be doing. good to at least get a foot in the door, when planning on the long term.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:41 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,157,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalsfinest View Post
I went from eating Cheese Nips the night before hired to....Attachment 87787
LOL

Good stuff.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:18 PM

4 posts, read 6,039 times
BEWARE: Wal-Mart will not let you camp out there. There a camp ground in town. Not cheap.... $25.00 a day. Go luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston