Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 11:52 AM

14 posts, read 31,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Anyone heard from Laina1980. I haven't seen a post in awhile. ???
I think she was going to Williston on Wednesday of last week for a couple of days to see around. Maybe her husband found a job and she's in the moving process?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 12:58 PM

249 posts, read 644,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HGFX View Post
I think she was going to Williston on Wednesday of last week for a couple of days to see around. Maybe her husband found a job and she's in the moving process?
She PM'd me today... she's been doing the Bismarck-Dickinson-Williston triangle..LOL

Hope to hear success from her soon

Old 12-05-2011, 01:30 PM

14 posts, read 31,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer2122 View Post
She PM'd me today... she's been doing the Bismarck-Dickinson-Williston triangle..LOL

Hope to hear success from her soon
Awesome! Golfer, how's job hunting for you?

Old 12-05-2011, 03:39 PM

Well, still looking to get my foot in the door... got my CDL permit... cleaned up my resume... showing more of my manual labor skills and applying... applying... applying and calling... calling... calling

working with the job service in Dickinson... SOS told me they have NOTHING with housing...

Got a few cards while I was up there in November telling me they were not hiring until Dec... well, it's December... and I'll be calling them tomorrow

Got a few other leads to follow up on this week...

Old 12-05-2011, 03:41 PM

325 posts, read 862,197 times
Quote:
Well, still looking to get my foot in the door... got my CDL permit... cleaned up my resume... showing more of my manual labor skills and applying... applying... applying and calling... calling... calling

working with the job service in Dickinson... SOS told me they have NOTHING with housing...

Got a few cards while I was up there in November telling me they were not hiring until Dec... well, it's December... and I'll be calling them tomorrow

Got a few other leads to follow up on this week...
Golfer, do you think your age is a factor in being considered for these jobs?

Old 12-05-2011, 03:41 PM

Strongly considering another trip up there in a week or so... gotta get in and talk to them in person... Circumstances have changed and I'm looking for any rotation... not just a 14/14.... or maybe a foot in the door for 6 months (if they have housing) until I can find a nice rotation.

Old 12-05-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by internationalman View Post
Golfer, do you think your age is a factor in being considered for these jobs?
Don't know... maybe I didn't put as much emphasis on my manual labor skills... new resume has much more detail and
such.

Plus I now have my CDL permit... a couple of people told me if I had it they would hire me on in Dec. contacting them tomorrow!

Old 12-05-2011, 03:46 PM

325 posts, read 862,197 times
Quote:
Don't know... maybe I didn't put as much emphasis on my manual labor skills... new resume has much more detail and
such.

Plus I now have my CDL permit... a couple of people told me if I had it they would hire me on in Dec. contacting them tomorrow!
Looking forward to the update!

Old 12-05-2011, 04:23 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,131,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HGFX View Post
I got a DM from Laina1980 just now. She has lost her password, so has to start a new acct, and is only able to DM until the cd folks delete her old accts. She is able to correspond by DM. She and hubby went thru Bismarck, Dickinson and up into Williston. Not a lot of time in either place. She will no doubt let folks know all the scoop soon. Home safe and sound in MN right now.

Old 12-05-2011, 04:28 PM

18,700 posts, read 41,944,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I got a DM from Laina1980 just now. She has lost her password, so has to start a new acct, and is only able to DM until the cd folks delete her old accts. She is able to correspond by DM. She and hubby went thru Bismarck, Dickinson and up into Williston. Not a lot of time in either place. She will no doubt let folks know all the scoop soon. Home safe and sound in MN right now.
If she can dm, tell her to contact me. I'll fix her up.

Glad she made it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston