Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2011, 04:09 PM

123 posts, read 200,973 times

Advertisements

We are really leaning toward going over there for better work oppurtunities but we dont really feel comfortable with just jumping in the car and going as we have a small son. But we are willing to relocate in a camper. My question is- if my husband plans a trip to williston for a week, is it possible to set up interviews before hand or should he just go from place to place when he gets there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 04:59 PM

265 posts, read 685,080 times
Hi Eaber, my take on all the posts I have read are, it would be easier to get a job in person than to go about calling and or online apps..On the other hand I think if he fills out some online apps and than takes off for Williston soon after (week or less) he would be in the system and be more worthy(real to the companies) than someone just calling or filling out apps to await them to finally call from the HR's to set up interviews..With the amount of work there, they will not be prone to kick him out of the office when he steps in and says I am registered online or called a week ago and by all means if he calls get names!!!!. Peace.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:29 PM

18,700 posts, read 41,950,865 times
I would send in an app and a resume and on the cover letter tell them, "I will be visiting Williston from xx date to xx date and would like very much to interveiew or at least visit your company."

Can't hurt. Some might respond, some won't. But I'd visit those companys on the dates indicated anyhow, whether I heard from them or not.

If you are already thinking of pulling a camper out and setting it up, I would also mention in the cover letter that you have housing arrangements already set up. Some companies have housing, and some can only hire if you already have something because they have nothing and would love to hire somebody that they don't have to worry about housing for.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:31 PM

123 posts, read 200,973 times
Thank you for that advice...it sounds like sound advice. Good plan!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
View detailed profiles of: