Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 06:22 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,199,897 times

Advertisements

Williston Herald " The Bakken sisters: "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 07:08 PM

8 posts, read 15,352 times
Hey guys told you I'd tell you all when were picked up. Lol. I can't say that we are but ; ). ; ).

Old 05-30-2012, 09:42 PM

979 posts, read 3,668,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomtown girl View Post
Hey guys told you I'd tell you all when were picked up. Lol. I can't say that we are but ; ). ; ).
hmmmm...I hope it is what I think it is! lol It would be fun to watch.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:46 PM

Anyone hear anything else about if/when this show might air???

Old 01-27-2013, 04:30 PM

13 posts, read 29,540 times
I think they're still fishing around.

More on the potential Bakken oil boom reality show

My guess would be, like many things Hollywood, there's a lot of people trying to pitch ideas, and very few get off the ground. That opinion is largely based on what I've seen on TV and in movies, since I have no direct experience with the industry.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:00 AM

8 posts, read 15,352 times
Hey Everyone

I'm sorry to keep you waiting so long on this. I knew this months ago but haven't shared with everyone but being everyone s still asking I thought I'd up date.

Well a lot has happened. OWN picked up the show from the production company. Then the offered us contracts with them. For numerous reasons it was better for us to decline the contract but here are my top five.

1.) I was only going to get $600 per episode.
That's less then $6000 for a full season! It would have cost me money to sign this because it would have cut down the work I could take in. (I'd also like to point out that background characters make more money then this!)

2.) the contract gave us 0 indorsment money! This means if someone wanted me to do a commercial OWN would've received that money! (I could do a national add for a welding company and I wouldn't get a dime)

3.) OWN wouldve owned my name, face, image, and voice. In the UNIVERSE! (because that's not extreme)

4.) they wanted us to cover our own travel! (as if I pay for windshield time now?)

5.) my number one reason though was they wouldn't give us a production credit. That would've let us control what was shown. That way they couldn't run our state down, or make the oil field look like a huge land-ruining tyrant. Or make any of us look dumb. When I say us I mean everyone from gas station attendants that may have ended up on the show t our friends and neighbors.

I know a lot of people were looking forward to the show but I cannot say I wasn't happy about such a horrible contract, it was an easy out! But hey at least a national network wanted it! thanks everyone for the support though!

Old 01-29-2013, 11:57 AM

13 posts, read 29,540 times
Hey, that's too bad. Sorry to hear you got such a bum deal, but I can understand why you'd turn it down, particularly #5.

Ever thought about doing it yourself? Decent video camera, editing tools, YouTube...instant internet stardom. I'm not even half joking. Maybe 15%.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:18 PM

Boomtown Girl Thanks so much for the updates!! We appreciate al your hard work, and personally I cannot blame you one bit for declining such a ridiculous offer. Not sure if you all have any say...But, BRAVO seems to be the king of reality TV...Or MTV. Just saying, and you never know. We support you all. Your good hardworking young ladies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston