Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2012, 08:05 AM

32 posts, read 102,112 times

Advertisements

My husband is currently working in Williston. I have not had a chance yet to go out there and see him (he comes home every five weeks though). Myself and our 4 year old son are planning on coming out there in the summer a couple times to visit. We would have to stay in a hotel (which I already know has to be booked a few months in advance). My husband said he's not sure he wants us to come because of the crime, etc. My question is if any of you have visited and stayed in a hotel. Would it be safe for us to do that. My husband would be staying overnight with us but still would have to work during the day. What do you think??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 10:27 AM

174 posts, read 377,814 times
You will be fine. Outside of the bars Williston is still a very safe town compared to a real big city. The hotels are pretty strict about behavior and problem makers get the boot pretty fast. Personally, I wish more men would bring their families up here permanently and help us make this a real community again.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:50 AM

477 posts, read 1,504,857 times
Same here as Naelbis! Stay out of the bars and probably stay away from shopping at midnight. It's interesting your husband says that though, has he specifically said what crimes he is warning you about hockeyD11? Yes, there has been an increase in crimes, but I'm sure those coming here from bigger populated cites are familiar with it and can cope. Just watch out for random drivers that can't seem to follow common traffic laws.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:13 AM

32 posts, read 102,112 times
Yeah, I figure as long as I'm smart about where I go and when, I will be fine. He just gets too nervous about us sometimes I think! We talked last night and he said he's fine with it now but just was nervous about the attemped abduction and just there being so many guys there. I know crime has increased but it's not a place to stay away from. I'm coming from a suburb of Minneapolis/St. Paul so I don't think it'll be much different. I also was there in January, but didn't stay the night and it seemed fine. So we will be heading out there in June!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston