Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 02:11 AM

24 posts, read 59,210 times

Advertisements

great list, thanks for posting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 05:42 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,131,206 times
Been said before....Apply online...and bring lots of copies of your applications, your resume, and your references etc. The folks won't necessarily have your application etc. with them. They will appreciate it, and it may make the difference for you, over the next applicant. Good luck.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:21 PM

45 posts, read 86,116 times
I'm may push my trip forward just to attend this.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:44 PM

155 posts, read 420,450 times
There's a compiled list of printable applications for those companies at the job fair. Only 3 of 'em from what i see, rest must be online only, but will save a person from having to check every website i guess. here be the link: North Dakota Oil Jobs Seekers! 2 Days-2 Fairs, Williston |

Old 05-25-2012, 09:30 PM

Along with PokerJoker's post, which listed the link to the two day agenda, I have compiled the various websites for the companies that are listed as participants of the upcoming Williston N.D. Job Fair to be held June 4th & 5th. As I understand it, it is to be held on the campus of Williston College.
These are just the company websites, not the job specific listings...Interesting how many companies are local now, and some are very impressively portrayed in their high tech websites.
Happy reading....I know, I don't have a life...lol
Hope it helps some folks w/ their preparation. Good luck
Aevenia:Aevenia Careers and Employment | Indeed.com
CalFrac:Calfrac Well Services
Cudd:WWW.CUDD.COM
Diamond B Trucking:Diamond B Oilfield Trucking Inc in Plentywood, Montana - Heavy Construction
Falco Energy:Falco Energy
Ferrell Gas http://www.ferrellgas.com/
Halliburton Oilfield Services | Halliburton - Solving Challenges. - Halliburton
RockWater Energy:Rockwater Energy Solutions | Our Businesses
Strata:Strata Corporation - Grand Forks, North Dakota (ND) | Company Profile
Superior Well Services: Superior Well Services
Sysco Montana Inc (Sysco Montana, Inc) - Billings, Montana (MT) | Company Profile
Hertz: Coupon Savings of Up to $35!
TSA:TSA | Transportation Security Administration | U.S. Department of Homeland Security
iWilson Home
Eight Mile School District: Eight Mile School District 6 - Home
First International Bank & Trust: First International Bank and Trust - Homepage
Great Lakes Airlines: Great Lakes Airlines
Hiland Partners: Hiland Partners
Hytorc West: HYTORC©WEST - Torque Tools and Accessories
Knight Oil Tools: Knight Oil Toolsâ„¢ - People Make the Difference
Mercy Medical Center: Mercy Medical Center
Montana Dakota Utilities: Montana-Dakota Utilities Co.
Morgan Chase Mgt: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Morga...92422420770181
Precision Drilling: Precision Drilling Corporation - Welcome
Savage Services: Supply Chain Management Solutions - Savage
Securitas Security Services: Securitas Security Services | Security Guard & Officer Company - Securitas Security Services USA, Inc.
Walmart: Walmart.com: Save money. Live better.
Williston Public School Dist #1: District
Williston Public School District #8: Index

Old 06-09-2012, 08:03 PM

24 posts, read 59,210 times
Great Info Jan. Did anyone on here actually go ?

Old 06-09-2012, 08:22 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,646,421 times
My husband is working up there in frac support.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:37 PM

I'd like to know if there were any folks that received job offers after attending this job fair??

Old 06-12-2012, 06:26 PM

114 posts, read 355,119 times
Posting this for everyone, son spent the night before the job fair some miles out of Williston because a bridge was out but he did get there for the job fair on the 5th, made it there in the AM. I don't know how such a crazy night effected his interview skills, he is a tall guy and don't imagine he got much sleep in his car, but with no oilfield experience he did not get an offer.

Now plan b has started, taking training at WSC.

He filled out lots of apps and talked to a lot of people, he said he got a lot of "looks" but no offers.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:47 AM

Well, just keep the faith. It takes a few days, even weeks sometimes for an offer. Did he have copies of his resume and apps w/ him?? The system seems to be submit your apps online...and the process time at the various companies takes a bit because so many folks apply daily. I would suggest that he follow up his submitted apps by going in person to the various companies he originally applied for...and follow up any recently apps too...He should remind whoever he speaks to that he attended the recent job fair, that he is following up...and wanted to let them also know that he is taking the floor hand courses, and that he is in the immediate area. Always a good thing to bring copies of his app and resume (w/ the fact he is taking courses listed) to each place with him. In my opinion, following up shows you are a cut above the rest, and puts your name in the forefront of the true gate keepers...the office folks. Good luck to Your Son, and keep us posted. Jan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston