Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 07:23 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times

Advertisements

I heard Target is opening in Williston too. I second Lisan's comments. Build and improve what is there. A mall maybe, shopping and restaurants would be a good addition. It will put the home town business owners out of business. Guess we'll see, since it passed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 07:54 PM

979 posts, read 3,669,286 times
JanND, I hope so! That would be great. They are developing a lot of retail developments right now. (ground breaking) I was wondering who would be coming in. I know Home Depot is opening a small store to begin with, and am guessing it will be a larger store once they secure property. I'm guessing it will be across the highway either in the Chandler Field development or maybe in Sand Creek Town Centre where (according to the Deumlands development web site) Menards, Petco, Dollar Tree, Cash Wise Foods, Staples, and 2 hotels have commited so far. I think some good things will start coming Williston's way now that more and more housing has come on line. Costco joined the Williston Chamber of Commerce....when asked if this meant anything, they indicated that property was to expensive to buy for a store at this point, but they travel daily from Billings with supplies for local restaruants, offices and stores...but I think they are sending kind of a mixed message there...maybe we will see a Costco in Williston one day as well???

Old 06-06-2013, 08:05 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,674 times
Menards backed out around a year ago and Cash Wise bought Economart instead of waiting for the new development. Economart is officially gone, the sign on the store is now Cash Wise.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:42 PM

Roloff...That would be good!..... sounds like lots of great stores going in. I heard the town has decided not to issue more liquor licenses....

Hopefully some box stores and family type entertainment and eateries will get in. Home Depot is a great addition. Dollar Tree is in my opinion the best. We have 2 here in G.F.

I have it on pretty good authority about Target...But, you know how often these construction crews come into town then decide oil money is better.

Lisan, it's likely true I have heard Menard's has dealt with a lack of construction employees for a few years.
...they may have finally given up, but I hope not.

So, Economart is Cashwise...both stores? Cashwise is in Fargo, we don't have one in G.F. I know nothing firsthand about them.
The prices outrageous there still?? I thought they were when Economart was the only place to shop. I drove to Sam's club in G.F. for meat and staples.

Can anyone clarify what is newly built, or going in behind and beside the hospital. My hubby was there recently, but wasn't clear if that brick faced building was part of the hospital..new wings?....or a hotel? I know one hotel is on the highway beside the front of the hospital.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:45 PM

The city keeps confirming that they're coming, however the Williston Herald has asked for confirmation from Menards. Last I heard Menards was not confirming that they were actually coming though.

Who knows, until they're here I won't actually plan on it.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post

Lisan, it's likely true I have heard Menard's has dealt with a lack of construction employees for a few years.
...they may have finally given up, but I hope not.

So, Economart is Cashwise...both stores? Cashwise is in Fargo, we don't have one in G.F. I know nothing firsthand about them.
The prices outrageous there still?? I thought they were when Economart was the only place to shop. I drove to Sam's club in G.F. for meat and staples.

Can anyone clarify what is newly built, or going in behind and beside the hospital. My hubby was there recently, but wasn't clear if that brick faced building was part of the hospital..new wings?....or a hotel? I know one hotel is on the highway beside the front of the hospital.
Cashwise is now Economart, I haven't been there since the sign changed. Last time I went there, there wasn't much of a change in prices. There is only one Economart in town though.

There is a hotel AND a new medical center by the hospital now. There's a tall building, I believe they're moving a lot of the clinics and other things into that building. Then the hotel (from what I've heard) gives room preference for family/friends of those in the hospital. (Though honestly any situation that would require family to come in means the person likely isn't at our hospital.)

Old 06-06-2013, 08:59 PM

http://www.duemelands.com/property_f...ebrochure3.pdf

Interesting...duemlands pulled the Petco, Staples, Dollar Tree off their site ? Either they pulled out, or maybe they were not ready to announce this yet. Menards is still shown there along with 2 hotels (one is a Staybridge Suites).
I know a couple guys who work in a shop in Williston who said a Menards representative stopped by handing out business cards. He indicated they were indeed still building a store in Williston. I'm guessing with Home Depot expressing interest in Williston, Menards will be eager to start soon. Menards DID back out of the city financial package because of the negative feedback. They indicated they would be better to move on their own terms.

this from the May 8th 2012 Williston City Commission meetings minutes.

City of Williston, North Dakota - Department Information

"2. Developer’s Agreement – Granite Peaks

Kautzman stated there is a revised Development Agreement – with Menards taking all risks away from the City. This would speed up the process for them instead of having to go through the City."
Menards also posted on BidClerk requesting for bids on a 200,000 sq foot retail store in WIlliston. So I think it is still on..just delayed.
Coburns grocery owns Economart and yes did recently convert to Cash Wise (I think the new one in Dickinson, Stanley, Watford and Tioga and now Williston...will be Cash Wise) If they build another store in Sand Creek Town Centre (they indicated they were on their homepage) they will probably rebrand it to something other than Cash Wise? I guess we won't really know anything until we see some dirt moved. Williston DOES need another grocery store.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:07 PM

JanND...behind the hospital is a new Hampton Inn & Suites http://braxton-development.com/news/...dest-comeback/, 1st International Bank http://www.kfyrtv.com/Video_News.asp?news=63747 . 1st International Bank owners are also building a new restaurant called OutLaws Grill & Bar (same as the one they have in the 1st International bank complex they recently built in Watford City...very nice steak house) A new 3 story medical building has broken ground to the east of Hampton Inn Medical Construction | Design-Build Contractors | MBA Construction and Famous Daves (not broken ground yet) but are building across the street from Hampton Inn. I got this from a pretty reliable source who works at 1st International Inn that it is for sure going to happen.
http://www.willistonnd.com/usrimages...essrelease.pdf
That new development behind the hospital is called Dakota Crossings.

Old 06-07-2013, 12:03 AM

Roloff....Thank you so much for the information, and the links. I appreciate you very much!! Wow, Williston is really going to be a BIG town yet

Old 06-07-2013, 05:21 PM

Thanks JanND and Lisan23...your right...everything is up in the air. We won't know until it actually happens or "officially" is announced ... seems like so much is hear say, rumors, broken promises,etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston