Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 06:53 PM

4 posts, read 7,160 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a good place to work as a cna. Also a place that might offer housing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2014, 08:26 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
Have you checked out the North Dakota jobs website to see if they have anything listed?

Old 09-22-2014, 03:40 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,001,275 times
Here are a two places to check for any openings...

Bethel Lutheran Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Employment

and Mercy Hospital and here are nursing openings....but I saw only one for CNA (medical surgery)
https://chi.taleo.net/careersection/...ion=2240141629

Mercy does provide lower cost housing for some of its employees....not free....but at a reduced cost. That said, would I move to Williston for a lower pay medical job -- NO. The costs of housing, food, etc will eat up your money way more there than in many locations.

If you are looking for CNA I suggest looking elsewhere personally where cost of living is a bit more reasonable.

My thoughts.

Dan

Old 09-22-2014, 03:43 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,001,275 times
Here is a list of CNA jobs listing statewide via job service of ND: If you want to come to ND, I suggest look at some of these too....maybe look in larger cities with a bit lower cost of housing such as Fargo or Grand Forks. I dont think CNA pay is much better here than anywhere else in the country....so you will not get much more money moving here than a similar job where you are at.

https://www.ndworkforceconnection.co...xtCompany=&t=q

Old 09-23-2014, 03:14 AM

231 posts, read 873,002 times
I don't know if the pay in Williston is any more than the rest of the state in North Dakota, there is a shortage of CNA's everywhere.
If you have a ND CNA license you could walk into any care facility in Fargo or Moorhead and get a job right away. They are desperate.

Elim
Bethany
Eventide
About a dozen others too.

Sorry, you would have to pay for an apartment. But Studio apartments can be had for a reasonable price.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:31 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times
Here is a search, listing various jobsites related specifically to CNS openings in N.D. (Link below)
I agree with the other posters, look elsewhere....Williston is too expensive currently, not looking like that will change in the near future. People making 100,000 a yr in the Oilfields are complaining about the high cost of living.

You're salary will go further in larger cities in the Eastern half of N.D. because some of the oil field housing issues are effecting folks in the whole Western half of N.D. Good luck to you!

Fargo, Grand Forks, several smaller towns near them will have openings....

And, keep us updated, and ask about the towns you get offers from here too City Data main page has links to every lil town anywhere....lots of good info.

CNA Jobs, Employment in North Dakota | Indeed.com

Old 09-27-2014, 07:09 PM

Thank you all so much for the help. Im gonna try them all out..

Old 09-27-2014, 07:11 PM

Senior Member,
I have never moved to a different state. I have always lived in small towns in Arkansas. Is it pretty there, how are the towns, are people friendly? Those are the things I worry bout.

Old 10-16-2014, 06:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,595 times
I have been in Minot for 3 months. So if you want a cna position that provide (employer paid) housing go with a traveling cna agency. Conduct a Google search there are several that have assignments in Williston, ND usually lasting 13 weeks. If you apply at the regions largest medical employer, don't even bother. The starting pay for a cna with 0 to 4 years experience is around $13 bucks!! If you have Sprint switch to Verizon or AT&T before you come to North Dakota. Sprint doesn't have towers here you won't get service . I hope this helps.

Old 10-16-2014, 06:26 PM

Thank you it was very helpful. I am working on getting on with a traveling agency, but seems to me it is taking forever. and as far as the phone I do have AT&T. I leave out next weekend on my long journey, wish me luck. Thank you everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston