Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 09:52 AM

5 posts, read 34,554 times

Advertisements

I want a small town!My fiance has been blessed to find work with Schlumberger and we are looking to relocate from Pocatello ID to Williston. INFO PLEASE!!!! Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 02:37 PM

108 posts, read 439,498 times
I think if you are more specific with what you are wanting to know you might get more responses. Also if you look through some of the other post with people asking questions you will find a ton of info.

Old 03-06-2008, 04:52 PM

979 posts, read 3,668,428 times
Williston is going through some big changes right now. With the influx of new people, housing is pretty short. But, there is a new apartment complex going up called Bakken Heights through Marcil development Marcil Group. I would check the on-line Williston Herald, as they have numerous links about Williston, news, realtors, etc... It will be tough going from a town the size of Pocatello to a town of 15,000...shopping is nothing like Pocatello, but there is talk of numerous projects in the works for Williston. I read in the paper that there are 25 different developers ready to come in and put up new housing...so hopefully there will be some new housing choices this summer. Overall, Williston is a nice own...nice downtown with Penneys, Vanity, Maurices, numerous shops, etc... they have a Super-Wal-mart, Home of Economy, Albertsons, Econo Foods, etc... etc... good school system. I think once you get settled, you will fit right in. This oil boom is a lot different from the last one in the 80's. There is not the crime and drugs, etc... that came with the last one. This boom is brining in families and young couples, singles, etc... most of the oil companies do drug testing, so they are very careful who they hire. Hopefully others will come on and post to fill you in...but I would start with the Williston Herald on-line... Williston Herald - Online Edition Good Luck! and Welcome to North Dakota.

Old 03-25-2008, 04:17 PM

1 posts, read 19,696 times
My son is also recently employed with Schlumbger in Williston. We are from the eastern MT-wes. ND area and he is happy to be in Williston, but would love to get his family moved up here from CO. They are in the position of having to wait a little while to buy a house and are having a horrible time finding a place to rent. If you hear of ANYTHING available please contact me! I want my grandkids closer!!!

Old 03-25-2008, 07:45 PM

581 posts, read 2,214,913 times
Another good source for info is TheShopperOnline Advertising Index. The last few pages usually have some info on real estate / rental properties.

You can also contact the chamber of commerce in Williston. They are a great source of info on rentals. They can fax you a list of the rental owners in town that might have properties available.

Good luck and I'm sure you'll like it here in Williston.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:48 PM

581 posts, read 2,214,913 times
Sorry bad link....Try this instead.

The Shopper, Inc. • The Advertising Experts

Old 03-26-2008, 08:17 PM

103 posts, read 706,333 times
Was glad to read in the Williston Herald that another apartment complex is coming to Williston. They are out of Caldwell, Idaho. So sounds like the housing shortage will be come less of a problem in a year or so. The other being built is called Bakken Heights, being built in the NW part of Williston by the Marcil development group out of Fargo. Hope your family can find a place so they can get your grandkids back to the MonDak region.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:47 AM

431 posts, read 1,605,418 times
Williston is indeed on the fast trac again. Here in Minot, we are receiving a lot of Williston workers, living here and commuting to and from. Some workers work 2 weeks at a time and have a week off. Between Minot and Williston, housing is bare bones. This summer, Williston is expecting another influx of workers. I don't know where they are going to put them. ct

Old 04-03-2008, 10:36 PM

15 posts, read 86,068 times
If you are looking for meth, Williston is a great place to find it.

Just kidding. In all seriousness, Williston is in a huge transition right now and seems to be looking for an identity. It is certainly growing but it looks as if the city is slow to react to the change. It's an oil town that's for sure. It's got a great golf course a few miles away ("Red Mike") and that's about all the good I personally can say about the town.

Not a real constructive post, but hey...

Old 04-04-2008, 04:34 AM

7 posts, read 47,723 times
Default Very tough place to move to right now

Williston really is a nice town...unfortunately it is next-to-impossible to move here right now with the oil boom and subsequent extreme housing shortage. Finding a rental or apartment is even tougher and motels stay nearly at max occupancy. I've been in the area nearly 3 months and am having to consider resigning from the position that I accepted here...simply because there's no homes to buy (reasonably).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston