Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 07:25 PM

192 posts, read 497,304 times

Advertisements

En rte to Williston I got called for an interview for Dispatch in Minot.. so diverted to that... Loook's promising.

Then Made it to Williston... went to Weatherford job fair.. meh.. .so so.

Then I went to a church where they are letting people park overnight! So I am all safe and sound.

I'm there in my parking spot for 15 minutes and a guy pulls up next to me and introduces himself. He too just rolled in to town,...

As we start comparing notes etc... we start talking about City-Data, North Dakota... and I say yeah I'm Scorpio125......

He says....
"HEY YOUR THAT GUY THAT WAS RIPPING JONNIE ON THE SPOT!!!"

I have a fan club!!

Talk about a small world!

Tomorrow start banging on doors! Thanks again to every one on here including Jonnie!

~Scorpio125
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 07:55 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,209,320 times
That is hilarious! I am so happy for you, especially that you have somewhere to park and be safe. Have a great time job hunting. You'll want to share info w/ some folks later. Take care, and keep us posted.
Oh, and just how bad is the traffic driving there???

Old 03-13-2012, 09:56 PM

45 posts, read 86,228 times
I'm hoping to see some other city data guys when I get there. I'm just trying to finish my current contracting jobs. But then I'm headed your direction. See you there bro.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:33 PM

477 posts, read 1,506,447 times
Aww, that is great you made it safe and sound. How you liking that wind tonight? I have a feeling we are going to have more of that this summer.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:49 AM

454 posts, read 940,149 times
scorpio125, Thanks for the update - it's too funny that you would meet up with someone who is familiar with you through this forum - and the 'jonnie on the spot" thing is hilarious!

Glad you have a safe spot to rest your head for now too. Keep us updated, I hope you get the job you want!

Old 03-14-2012, 07:09 AM

It's great that my church is able to let some people stay there in the building and outside. Somewhat safer than just parking anywhere and safer than some of the truck stop areas around, I do believe that mucho much. I don't know if that is where your parking, but my pastor is trying to work with other churches to get them to help out in that respect also. You certainly have some great weather to be out in, looks like it's going to stay that way. Do you need some hotspots for internet?

Old 03-14-2012, 07:15 AM

The wind was fun it came out of no where! As for traffic... Its heavy, but... its not much more than a decent rush hour back home, the only thing here is it's constant flow. I'm from Chicago Suburbs and Milwaukee...

But with all that being said.. I have only been here 1 day...

Old 03-14-2012, 04:16 PM

2,707 posts, read 6,232,080 times
Quote:
its not much more than a decent rush hour back home, the only thing here is it's constant flow.
That's how my husband put it, too. Williston is like Denver's rush hour only it never quits...

Old 03-14-2012, 04:23 PM

I'm sure the locals aren't used to it but... they will be soon enough. I wonder when summer kicks in if it will go into high gear and be different?

Even the Walmart and McD's are busy but manageable, I don't see the unruly crowds and creepers I have been hearing about. Have to see what the weekend brings.

But again... day 2 and I'm a 40 year old city guy.... so could be different for different folks.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:18 PM

Lol u will be used to it this summer too when u get that semi up your arse lol just kidding. It has slowed down a bit in general but will be more active this summer when weight restrictions are off the roads. Just be safe on the roads and watch out for others not driving sane its no joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston