Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 08:51 AM

10 posts, read 37,392 times

Advertisements

Well, I, the starter of this post of arguements is back, and I have found the people of WI to be very friendly..EXCEPT for our landlord. We rented long distance by pictures and when we got here, the place was GROSS!!! It was mouse infested, dirty, and NOT what was promised!!! I was up until midnight cleaning and I still can't get the smell of cat urine out! We were told this place was spotless and ready to move into..WRONG! Well, we called the landlord the next day and told him we would be going on a day to day rental instead of a month to month like we agreed because this place was NOT what we were told it was. A week later I got a visit from the local police officer stating I am NOT allowed to have horses here (which our landlord said we could) and I couldn't have more than 2 dogs (landlord told me I could have my 4 here), so since the landlord breeched my rental agreement with false information, we are telling him we want our security deposit back and 1/2 the rent since we are leaving this hole tomorrow. I also heard from the police officer that this landlord has had many issues in this town and was basically run out because he has screwed so many people...he also informed me that I will probably never see any of my money again...this may be a small claims court thing! This was my first experience with WI, so I will say, at first, I was NOT impressed. But, as we have been here 1 1/2 weeks now, we have met many nice people and I love seeing the Amish and doing business with them..what nice people!!! We have bought a house and move in Monday! YEAH!! I love where we are moving to...rural with some nice neighbors! I will say, WI is a beautiful state!!!!! I am a country girl at heart so I am feeling at home here, just can't wait to get settled into our new home

Old 08-01-2010, 11:10 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Be sure to grab dinner at Mr. Ed's Tee Pee, especially on Friday night when they have fish fry going on (BTW Friday fish fry is a VERY strong tradition in Wisconsin). Their weekend prime rib is a damn good deal too. Plus this will introduce you to another upper Midwest (particularly Wisconsin) peculiarity: the supper club. And once there you'd probably get your first taste of town character Ed Thompson. He's the brother of former WI governor and former Homeland Security secretary Tommy Thompson. Ol' Ed ran for governor himself once on a third-party ticket. Picked up 12% of the vote and by some accounts is responsible for the WI governorship switching from Republican to Democrat hands. And he's been the mayor of Tomah twice, having concluded his second (non-consecutive) term this last April.

Last edited by Drover; 08-01-2010 at 11:21 AM..
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin