Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 07:51 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
So the state can charge a fee for the test and make some profit.
Hey, somebody has to pay for the bus drivers in Madison that make over 100k.

I mean the state only has the 3rd highest overall tax burden, it's not like it's in the top 2 or anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 08:04 AM

711 posts, read 1,688,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I mean the state only has the 3rd highest overall tax burden, it's not like it's in the top 2 or anything.
Repeating something doesn't make it fact, give us a link.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:43 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse276 View Post
Repeating something doesn't make it fact, give us a link.
Whoops! I should have said tied for 4th instead of 3rd....that's what I get for going off memory.

CNNMoney.com: Taxes by state 2005, by rate

I'm a little surprised at your reaction, it's fairly common knowledge that outside of the northeast and maybe California that Wisconsin has one of the heavier overall taxation burdens.

For a reasonability check, a list like this should ALWAYS show AK, TX and FL down near the bottom because of revenues the state receives from oil or tourism etc.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Whoops! I should have said tied for 4th instead of 3rd....that's what I get for going off memory.

CNNMoney.com: Taxes by state 2005, by rate

I'm a little surprised at your reaction, it's fairly common knowledge that outside of the northeast and maybe California that Wisconsin has one of the heavier overall taxation burdens.

For a reasonability check, a list like this should ALWAYS show AK, TX and FL down near the bottom because of revenues the state receives from oil or tourism etc.
So, you were incorrect & you wonder why I questioned you? Also, your data is 6 years out of date... did nothing change in that time?

Old 11-14-2011, 10:21 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,928,216 times
Quote:
So, you were incorrect & you wonder why I questioned you? Also, your data is 6 years out of date... did nothing change in that time?
Yes, I think the state went further into debt with all the state and county retirees getting huge pensions. Wisconsin is the poster child for entitlement.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Yes, I think the state went further into debt with all the state and county retirees getting huge pensions. Wisconsin is the poster child for entitlement.
Prove it, Wisconsin has some of the best pensions in the country, they're near 100% fully funded. Where are your facts?

Old 11-16-2011, 10:11 AM

7,072 posts, read 9,610,551 times
Quote:

You should know Wisconsin property taxes have increased in the past 6 years.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:13 AM

7,072 posts, read 9,610,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcx456 View Post
Criminals are going to get guns no matter what if they want them, even if they weren't legal. Something to think about. Might as well exercise your right to defend your life to even the playing field. Take away the guns from the common citizens and the criminals and government gain so much more power. Is there anyone out there that objects to defending their own life from a criminal or a dictator trying to kill them?

Some wackos think the average citizen is too stupid to use a gun.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
You should know Wisconsin property taxes have increased in the past 6 years.
Property taxes are high in WI... no one is saying otherwise, but you can't ignore other taxes/fees in comparison. The problem is WI leans too heavily on property taxes, WI needs to diversify its income streams.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:30 PM

709 posts, read 656,397 times
Quote:
Property taxes are high in WI... no one is saying otherwise, but you can't ignore other taxes/fees in comparison. The problem is WI leans too heavily on property taxes, WI needs to diversify its income streams.
No, the problem is the state government needs to be dramatically smaller. But, that's a topic for another thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin